made a point with SIL

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2014, 10:13 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
is it hypocritial? absolutely! but i made a point across.

back in October, SIL annouced her pregnancy. i was mad because 1) her due date is the same BLEEPIN' week as mine, which is a whole other charade, and 2) she annouced it by sending a mass picture message. we all live in the same town. she kept saying it was to just siblings, but she only has two brothers, when there were 19 numbers on that group text. i was pissed mostly because whenever we had kids, all of our annoucements were in person (or with my family over the phone because they live far away). when she came over a few days later to "talk" with DH he atleast told her to her face that we were pregnant.

last week we found out the gender and we had the intent to keep it a secret. but since my 4yr old knew, it was hard to keep him muzzled. so this weekend we had two family functions for both sides of DH's family. Sat morning we told MIL and FIL in person. then later in the day, told his grandma. at the first party, everyone kept asking about it but we kept saying "well the other grandma doesn't know yet so we can't say anything yet". that night we ran into his other grandma in the grocery store. not really the most ideal place to share the joy but she was happy nonetheless and it was relieving to know that if it got out at that point, it wouldn't be any big deal. in laws knew, my family knew, grandparents all knew.

so DH comes up with an idea to take one of the gender reveal photos we had, and send it to his brother and sister. this was Saturday night, after the party. he sends it off to his sister and brother, my brother, brother's GF, and my bio father (he already knew but figured he would like the pic). he sister texts back and says "thanks for telling me in person at the party". DH without missing a beat responds "thanks for telling me you were pregnant in person". no response.

woke up sunday morning for the next party, and we both had facebook messages from her and friend requests from her (after her annoucement, and DH reaming her butt good, she deleted us). so i denied the request and briefly read the message which said something about she's happy for us and even though we're not getting along she still loves me and since we'll be on maternity leave at the same time we should have playdates. i look at DH and i said "is your sister BLEEPIN' high?!" i am super pissed that our due dates are a frickin' day apart and she has the nerve to suggest playdates. so i didn't respond and i think he said his message was something similar but he must not have responded either because she tried to call him. since his phone is on silent, he never answers, even for me.

while waiting in the car in the inlaws driveway so we could all leave to go to the restraunt, she walks up to his window and tells DH and she was mad last night because she just wanted to be a B. which we all know. and then it was on because i was yelling. she finally was like "i came over to appologize about having an attitude last night" and i was like "yeah but you DIDN'T". at no point did 'i'm sorry' or 'i appologize' ever come out of her mouth. she tries to say sorry without actually saying sorry. i kept telling her to leave me the heck alone because i was so done with her and she just doesn't get it.

i knew sending the picture would make her mad, but when we were upset, she told us to just get over it. we do the same thing but it's wrong. that's my point is that there are double standards in that family. we already told the inlaws we had planned this gender reveal photo shoot so they already knew and at the party when FIL asked DH if he had told them yet, he said no because the other grandma didn't know, which is FIL's mother, so he understood.

this morning she emails me at work while i'm in a training module for our new computer systems. apparently saying 'leave me the H**L alone" 50 times means keep emailing me, texting me and hitting me up on facebook. i told DH that it was his sister so any problems they have they deal with and if he wanted to work it out with her then he could but he better not ask me to.

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search