avoiding their calls

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2006, 03:05 PM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
I just wanna see if Im the only evil person here
If your DH or SO isnt home, do you answer the phone if you see its them calling on the caller ID?

I dont, Ill just let the machine pick it up. Makes dh a bit ticked though

August 3rd, 2006, 03:43 PM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I just wanna see if Im the only evil person here
If your DH or SO isnt home, do you answer the phone if you see its them calling on the caller ID?

I dont, Ill just let the machine pick it up. Makes dh a bit ticked though[/b]
DITTO!
I never answer the phone when they call...I let hubby get it and if he isn't here they are on the answering machine

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
August 3rd, 2006, 03:50 PM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
Well since the only time my MIL calls the house or my cell is when DH is deployed. It makes me mad that she will call him during his work day and leave a mesage to cll her bakc later on. But yeah for the most part I just sit there and look at the phone until it stops ringing and then tell DH his mom called. Since he has been deployed I was picking up, but I don't anymore not that she calls or anything either. My FIL when they call i do pick up since they very rarely call I figure I better get it just incase something has happened.

August 3rd, 2006, 04:14 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
My FIL hardly ever calls us so if he does, we know it is an emergency. I will answer the phone for all my IL's except my BIL and his wife. Only time either of them call anyways is to complain about something to do with the Christmas gift exchange. If they don't like who they got, they should have spoken up at Thanksgiving when we draw names. I honestly think they just like to complain.

August 3rd, 2006, 04:55 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
Heck no I dont answer the phone.. HA HA Neither does DH only if he gets caught he answers it.. HEE HEE But she now calls him at work never calls here ever! HEE HEE

August 3rd, 2006, 11:36 PM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
I don't answer the phone when its any of the inlaws calling. And then I delete the number cause I don't think it deserves to be on my phone. lol.
August 4th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Veteran
Unless I know it's something important, I don't pick up the phone.

I hate to talk on the phone and my MIL is a chatty gossip.

Then she complains to everyone who will listen that I screen her phone calls, so I get snide comments from the rest of the family about it.

When she calls I tell my husband to call her back. He's fine with it, although he doesn't really want to call her either!

August 4th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Quote:
I don't answer the phone when its any of the inlaws calling. And then I delete the number cause I don't think it deserves to be on my phone. lol.[/b]
LOL Your so bad! LOL

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
August 4th, 2006, 07:38 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
they don't call the home phone - they only call his WORK cell (duh people). i so wouldn't pick up if they did call the home phone though
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

August 4th, 2006, 09:18 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
When we had our house phone and one of the IL's would call, I would answer cause usually they had a question that I could answer anyway. Except for DH's aunt who would ask for him and then ask a question that he has NO CLUE about and he would either have to then ask me or give the phone back to me. For the first year and a half we were together, if we were around her and she had a question about DSD she would act like I wasnt in the room and ask DH all this stuff and he would look at me to answer cause he didnt know and then when I answered she would look back at him to get confirmation that I was giving her the right answers. Sheesh lady! I spend more time with her than DH does!!!
Other than that, I would answer. But now we just have cell phones so they either call DH's phone or my work. But if MY family would call the house DH would look at the caller ID and yell that so and so was calling. I was like, why cant you just answer it for me!! And he would say that it wasnt for him so he wasnt answering it. @ss!!! lol. Now though, he will call them if he needs something or if they call his phone he will answer if he recognizes the number.

casey

August 4th, 2006, 10:19 AM
** Mandy **
Haha! Nope... when DH isn't home their calls don't get answered.

August 4th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
Quote:
I don't answer the phone when its any of the inlaws calling. And then I delete the number cause I don't think it deserves to be on my phone. lol.[/b]
OMG LMFAO!~~ I LOVE IT HA HA HA

August 4th, 2006, 12:21 PM
MinnesotaMommy
Depends on what I'm doing, but usually not cuz they don't call to talk to me!!
August 4th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Veteran
I have caller id for a reason! It's sooo worth $5 a month to not have to talk to those people!!! But it does make me mad because now they call him at work EVERYDAY!!! I used to call him every once in a while, but now the manager says no more personal calls. I know it was because of them. And one time my sil called my cell, so I didn't answer , so she kept calling. Over and over. I think it was something like 15 missed calls on my phone, within 15 minutes, just to try and get us to come visit!
August 5th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Do you ladies know what I hate? I hate when they call and say my husband's name over and over..like I don't exsist or I'm not there!

M&M's ROCK!
August 7th, 2006, 12:08 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
They don't call me much because they have learned that I won't answer the phone. Usually when they call it is for something crazy. If they really need to talk to me they will tell dh to tell me to call or they will call my cell phone and leave a message for me and then if I need to I will call back.

August 7th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we just have two cell phones and she calls me more than brad. she calls probably 3-4 times a week. i dont pick up. i talk to her once every couple weeks and that is enough. if it is really important i'll call her back. we know it is important when she calls my phone and i dont answer and then she calls dh's phone right after that.

August 8th, 2006, 04:52 AM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
depends , normally I dont answer the phone but if I am just waking up from a nap and not thinking straight I normally pick it up and realize what I did and rush to get off...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search