How did they react?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2006, 04:42 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
How did your IL'S react when you told them you were expecting?

Mine were 7000miles away she was pretty excited and couldnt wait to be a grandma... I liked her 7000 miles away... Then she moved here after Jordyn was born and now things have changed... A LOT!

August 3rd, 2006, 05:42 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My MIL groaned and asked DH if he was joking. FIL just shrugged (that's his one response to everything though)

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

August 3rd, 2006, 11:40 PM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
My MIL asked SO if he was sure the baby was his. FIL said he was too young to be a grandparent (at 47). BIL said he was too young to be an uncle at age 20. My brother is an uncle at age 13. lol. grandma in law said "Get an abortion." Ugh.
August 4th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Veteran
Quote:
My MIL asked SO if he was sure the baby was his. FIL said he was too young to be a grandparent (at 47). BIL said he was too young to be an uncle at age 20. My brother is an uncle at age 13. lol. grandma in law said "Get an abortion." Ugh.[/b]
Oh My God!!! I can't believe those people! I would've slapped them into next week!!!
My inlaws said they were happy...but I have my doubts. I think they were happy that Kelly(dh) was having a baby, but not happy that it was with me. I waited to tell them I was pregnant until I was 5 1/2 months along. A cousin of dh and his wife had a baby when I was about 4 1/2 months, so we knew and nobody else did. Well, we went to visit them in the hospital and my mil and sil were there too. I was holding the baby and mil had the nerve to say "you guys better not get any ideas, I don't want to raise another baby"!!! OMG, It's not like we were little kids, I was 21 and dh was 23. They make me so mad.
August 4th, 2006, 07:04 AM
asianmama
dh mom was extactic dh's father and step mom didnt know until we showed up at their store with ashlyn... lol. um when we told them about this baby i can sense some problems.. now they are happy i think...
when we told my parents- they started planning a shot gun wedding. when we told them again that i was pregnant, they were pissed off.
August 4th, 2006, 08:13 AM
** Mandy **
They were thrilled.

August 4th, 2006, 12:22 PM
MinnesotaMommy
Everyone was SO excited!!
August 8th, 2006, 12:43 PM
JOYTOTHEWORLD's Avatar Super Mommy
MIL was thrilled. She swears she is coming to stay with us for 2 months after the baby is born.

She's got to be kidding me!

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Century Gothic">MOMMA FOR OBAMA</span></div>
August 8th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, with DD my MIL was ecstatic! When I told her I was pregnant with this one..just a couple weeks ago..she flew off the handle and said that we were being irresponsible by having another one so soon after having Kara. I didn't speak to her for a week...which is how long it took for her to apologize to me.

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
August 8th, 2006, 02:15 PM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
they seemed happy for us...
August 8th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Kyra656's Avatar Super Mommy
I think they are happy but..who knows

August 8th, 2006, 05:07 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
So far I haven't had that priviledge yet! I wish that I could find out though!! LOL

August 8th, 2006, 11:09 PM
irishxrose
My MIL was ecstatic; though I don't think she was too happy that DF was having a baby with me... but she learned to deal with it because obviously I wasn't going anywhere! My FIL was not that happy because we weren't financially stable (Joshua was unplanned), but he soon became excited after we showed him the ultrasounds.

They weren't all that mad about it because they had had DF when MIL was 20 and FIL was 18; and DF is 22... so they knew that they couldn't be hypocrites about it.
August 9th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
My MIL was excited about it. We didn't even tell my FIL about it till after I started showing around 5 months and he was upset about it.

DH's brother and sister both doubted CJ was Scott's because 6 months previous to me getting pregnant we legally separated for a while and we both dated other people but that would have made me 15 months pregnant by the time I delivered

No one has any doubts whatsoever now because CJ is the spitting image of my DH, just without the facial hair I told my BIL and SIL if THEY doubted it, I would submit to a paternity test but THEY would have to pay for it. Haven't heard anything since.

My MIL was excited though because she knew the entire situation and was very involved in getting us back together, which is shocking because she didn't like us together in the first place.

August 10th, 2006, 08:35 AM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
MIL had three boys and has made it perfectly clear that she always wanted girls. When DH told her we were expecting, all she had to say was "It better be a girl." The nerve! You should have heard her reaction when we told her we were having a boy! Gimme a break! Now we are expecting again April 14 and I'm dreading when we have to tell her about this one.
August 10th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
brad and i were not married when we got pregnant with ashton and we were both teenagers.. we both sat down with his mom (fil was not home) and he told her i was pregnant. she asked me how far along i was and i said 1 month. she sat on the couch quiet for a while and said "i think it is time for you to take rebecca home" and she took a walk. she told fil and i dont know what his reaction was. and she told the rest of the family.

August 10th, 2006, 03:24 PM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
everyone was pretty excited. We had been ttc for over 14 months and they all pretty much knew that, so everyone was very happy for us!

August 10th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My family was excited we had ttc 12 months and they were over the moon. DH's mom didnt know we were TTC and when she found out it she said "hmm well I didnt see THAT comming" so far she hasnt really said much. I think shes upset because Im taking her "baby" away and maybe he deserves better then me. I dont care though lol IM PREGNANT YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY every once in a while I will just get alll gushy excited and hug Dh saying "were having a baby aahhh!!!!"

August 13th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Shaney3401's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Shaney3401
MIL was pissed, she said to Robert "I thought you were smarter than that", and His step father who is in the miliary and stationed in Africa right now wrote him a letter saying, "just because you can make a baby doesn't make you a man"!!! I mean MTF???? It hate these people. My mother on the other hand was thrilled.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search