Birthday parties

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2014, 09:09 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Background: Ellie's bday is the 4th. Johnny(DH) is the 17th and nephew aka Moose bday is on the 8th. The 8th was a Saturday this year.

I assumed Moose's bday would be on HIS birthday. But I assumed. I told MIL that I was going to have a dual party for DD and DH on the 16th. Then I call MIL about what I was going to cook for the party and she says Moose's party is on the 16th and his mom has invited her friends and everything already to the party. Okay guess I'm not having a party. I don't feel it necessary. She flips out and says she doesn't understand why we all can't have a party together. UM. WHAT??? Because it would be more convenient for her?

Anyways, then I decided that it was fine. We just weren't going to celebrate b/c everyone had to reschedule parties that were the weekend of the 8th b/c we had a snow storm so then we had double parties to go to so I just dropped my DH and DD's bday. But that wasn't good enough for my MIL. She wanted to have a bday party on someone's bday so she said everyone is coming to my house on the 17th for a bday party. UMMM...my house is going to be intruded by people tomorrow and I have to work and have nothing to prepare. Wow, thanks.

Meanwhile DH has no idea until I tell him on the 17th. He flipped and called his mom and he rescheduled it for the weekend. Where everyone brought everything food wise and gave me time to clean before we had the party. I was more pissed off at the fact that I wasn't planning the party but yet it was at my house. Why? ugh. And we had corned beef and coleslaw. I don't like either so I refused to eat and the cake his sister made wasn't that good either.

My bff was sad she wasn't invited. I told her no one I know needs to meet DH's family. They do not reflect who we are and I refuse to introduce them to anybody. That may be mean of me but its the truth.

Hopefully next year it will be better planned. My daycare providers child's bday is on the 3rd so I was trying to work around when her bday was, didn't think I'd have to deal with Moose's. I think his was the weekend it was b/c he was with his dad the previous weekend. Maybe do it in the middle of the week next year.

At least I have a year to figure it out again. My MIL drives me crazy. Oh yes another point...she got Ellie a fishing pole and told me I need to get my fishing license or I can't hold ellie's fishing pole. UM...NO THANK YOU! I didn't get the pole, I don't fish. Not my gift, I don't care. MIL and DH can deal with fishing poles while we all go fishing. She's just mad cuz I'm not from around here I think. She thinks she can turn me into somebody I'm not. I go camping and hiking. I do not go fishing and hunting. Just not my thing. More power to something MIL and DH can share together is my opinion.

I should stop this novel now. LOL
March 28th, 2014, 09:48 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
its seriously not cool to A) just assume everyone's birthday should be together and B) volunteer your home as the party-place. if she wanted everyones birthdays together why didn't she offer to have it at her place? usually when we have big parties (baptism, etc) we have it at MIL & FILs house because their place is much bigger and everyone knows where they live. i always get upset because they never let us come help clean before the party, or pick up after the party. as weird as that sounds.

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
March 30th, 2014, 06:11 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my place is bigger than hers. But she bought a house b/c she wanted everyone to be at her place for holidays and such. So yesterday MIL took DD the whole day and when she dropped my 2 year old off at 9pm (so pissed off about that) she said that she was hosting a dinner to celebrate her DD, SO and My bdays on Monday. Thanks for the 2day notice and I can't wait to discuss with her why bringing home my 2 year old at 9pm is not a "fun" idea for me. Had the crankiest child all day today b/c she didn't get to sleep on time. Thanks MIL, thanks. I feel as if this display of not bringing home my daughter at a decent hour was some how intentional too. I wish I got along with her but this doesn't help at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search