Do they buy the kids any clothes?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2006, 11:55 AM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
Do your in laws buy the kids any clothes?? Mine do and they are old fashioned and the kids don't like them. If you have the same problem what do you do about it? Do you just hang them in the closet until they outgrow them and then give them away or what?? (thats what I do)
I don't want to say anything to them because I know they mean well. KWIM?

August 7th, 2006, 12:02 PM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Do your in laws buy the kids any clothes?? Mine do and they are old fashioned and the kids don't like them. If you have the same problem what do you do about it? Do you just hang them in the closet until they outgrow them and then give them away or what?? (thats what I do)
I don't want to say anything to them because I know they mean well. KWIM? [/b]
LOL
They don't buy Jaden anything! Very seldom do they buy her anything!
A few times they bought my older son a few clothes for Christmas but they buy the Old Fashion stuff and stuff that is not big enough!!!!

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
August 7th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
lol, same. mil only sent one peice of clothing ever and that was for ds on his bday 2 years ago

August 7th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
nope. not unless it is for his birthday or christmas.

August 7th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I am beginning to see a pattern here...
Do you ladies think that they don't buy the kids stuff because they don't like us?
Or what?
For me: Well my inlaws do not know that I've been quite irritated with them --well then again they might know now since the last two times I've seen them I hardly spoke two words to them but anyhow I just see a pattern here with those of you who answered this thread...
Are your inlaws cheap? Mine sort of are...hubby says it all the time and they have money! A heck of a lot more money than we do. Or do you think your inlaws are just stupid!? Brain dead? I mean anyone can use some extra clothes for their kids...are they just that stupid to not know? Or do you think it goes back to what I said earlier they just don't like us?
And the kids are the ones who sort of suffer...?
See my frustrations with my inlaws are that they don't do anything for the baby and they go forever without seeing her --since I've had Jaden --that's when a lot of my frustrations really began to boil over!

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
August 7th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
dh's parents have 11 grandkids and they dont get any of them anything unless it is a holiday becuase they feel like if they buy for one they have to buy for them all.

with my mom and stepdad they have money. i know they do and she sends him things every now and then. but little stuff like an ant farm or a poster of mater (the movie cars). she doesnt spoil him like a grandma though.

my dad doesnt have the money to buy him stuff but he does alot because he is big into buying love.

August 7th, 2006, 05:55 PM
MinnesotaMommy
My parents buy alot of clothes for them.

My fil does usually only on b-days or Christmas. And they are usually to big!!
August 7th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
My parents don't do much for the kids because my dad spends his money on his habits and my mom lives in GA. But for Xmas my mom sends me a lot of money to buy for the kids so I end up getting their stuff and putting her name on it. Cheaper than her actually buying presents and shipping them to us.

My MIL loves buying clothes for the kids. My FIL has no interest, only in buying toys for Christmas and birthdays. My IL's have 6 grandchildren but my BIL and his wife are so snobby, she is only allowed to buy for theirs at Christmas and birthdays. So she does for my kids. She has been taking them school shopping. I try to give her money towards the clothes but she won't let me, just tells me to spend it for their school supplies.

She buys my kids all sorts of cute things but when it comes to buying clothes for me, she thinks I should dress like a 60-something year old woman so I always ask for gift cards now.

August 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They usally buy nice looking cloths, but there has been time were they bought a couple that were ugly i only put them on the kids when they go down there or at my mom cause you never see that out fit again.

</div>

</div>
August 8th, 2006, 04:51 AM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My inlaws dont buy my kids clothes, every once in awhile they will buy them some shoes, I dont care though cause we dont need anything....
August 8th, 2006, 07:07 AM
asianmama
my mil buys garage sell clothes for ashlyn..... i dont like most of them but i still take them and say thank u
August 8th, 2006, 08:09 AM
** Mandy **
My MIL sometimes buys Ally clothes but luckily so far she has had good taste.
If I got some that I didn't like I would probably do what you do... keep them in the closet until the kids outgrown them and then give them away. Like you said, they mean well and it is a nice gesture.

August 8th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Kyra656's Avatar Super Mommy
my mil has bought Nate some clothes but its either wrong season and won't fit him when its the right one...or its some old outfit that my DH used to have that she thinks is so cute but it the sissiest looking thing I have ever seen a boy in...

August 8th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Quote:
my mil has bought Nate some clothes but its either wrong season and won't fit him when its the right one...or its some old outfit that my DH used to have that she thinks is so cute but it the sissiest looking thing I have ever seen a boy in...[/b]
LOL

M&M's ROCK!
July 20th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes they do. Mostly on special occasions. They are usually nice clothes.
July 21st, 2008, 07:26 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not very often at all. She complains that my mom buys him lots of clothes so she can't. Who said she can't? It's just an excuse to do nothing like always but whine about how things aren't fair to her.

July 25th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my MIL gets clothes for DD. it's usually a ridiculously expensive dress that you would expect to see on a flower girl at a super-fancy wedding or something. she takes Kate with her and pretty much buys whatever she wants. i don't care... i have NEVER had to buy a dress for a special event, Kate always has 3 or 4 dresses to choose from! she hasn't gotten any clothes for the little guy yet... but i'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Thank you Julia (Julka) for my BEAUTIFUL siggy!!
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>
July 25th, 2008, 04:43 PM
lovingkate&amp;chloe's Avatar Veteran
No, MIL has never bought the girls any clothes other than pj's or undies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search