I've gotta vent!!!!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2006, 07:15 PM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well it looks like hubby and I will be having another fight! Most of you have read my tid bits of stories about my inlaws and how hubby lets them get away with everything. Well I posted in here a week or so ago about the pictures we were getting done, etc. Hubby & I got into a huge fight about those too. Well hubby "had" to order them an 8x10 picture when we ordered the pictures which set us over the amount of $$ I wanted to spend. Orignally his Dad said he would buy 1/2 but we didn't know the package sizes, etc. (sears --we later found out goes by points) I told hubby that they were ONLY getting the 8x10 and we would just "eat the extra" money meaning we would pay for it I wasn't having FIL giving us half the money for one picture. That would not be fair to them. Anyway FIL didn't even "offer" any money like he orignally said he would. Good thing we didn't count on the money or didn't order a larger quanity of pictures and "need" his money for them.

So hubby tells FIL this last week or so and tells him we got him a picture but he doesn't owe us a cent. BUT if he wanted he could help out with buying a new carseat. FIL said "yes."

We bought the carseat over the weekend. Hubby told FIL at work we bought it but he didn't say a word.

Hubby even said as we were buying the carseat "That's right dad said he would pitch in." I said "Don't hold your breath." Hubby said "Oh he will."

Anyway...hubby comes home from work & tells me he told his Dad he got the carseat and his Dad said nothing. I got mad. I could tell hubby was disappointed and felt stupid again for believing in his Dad. But then hubby makes excuses and says "Well I didn't ask him for the money." True but it's been over a week and you'd think his dad would have called and asked "Hey when R U getting that carseat?" and when hubby mentioned it today you'd think FIL would have said "I thought I was going to pitch in on it.." So if FIL really "wanted" to or "intended" to pitch in don't U think he would have said something today when hubby told him he got it over the weekend?

I told hubby we aren't giving him the 8x10 picture --they can get a 5x7 (if they are lucky) I know that sounds rude but first they said they would give us money for the pictures but they weren't too worried about it cuz' they never called to see when we were getting the pictures done. Secondly they said they would help (FIL said) with a carseat and didn't do it.

Sounds rude but I don't think they deserve anything from us....!!!

Does that sound rude?

All I wanted to do from the beginng was go and get her pics done and that was that. worry about pics for us and what we could afford. And then it started a huge argument, etc Cuz hubby was worried about his parents getting a pic. So he told his Dad and he said he would pay for 1/2 blah blah blah blah

My whole point is this: We let them get away with stuff all the time and I feel like they are just going to continue to do it unless we do something. I told hubby if he doesn't want to say something to cuz' a knock down drag out fight then start just saying little things here and there or not jumping when they say or not catering to them, etc. when they do act right or come around. Hubby got the extra picture cuz he said his dad would pay for it and I felt stupid and said "forget it" we would take care of it and hubby said he would suggest his dad help us with getting a carseat and FIL said "yes" he would help and I don't see him doing squat!

So now hubby and I are arguing..I say don't give them the picture and he says it's theirs. The heartbreaker is --we have been getting a long great but again we are fighting about his family. I wish he would just see that they don't come through for him like he always thinks they will.

Thanks for listening ladies!

Edit: I have to add to make sure everyone understands that when hubby ordered the extra picture he said that his parents would pay for it. So if he is going to say stuff like that then it better happen, you know? Then he said his Dad was going to pitch in on the carseat which he didn't do. If you say your going to do something, then do it. That's all.
Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
August 7th, 2006, 10:17 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
It sounds to me like you have your hands full with the FIL. I would call the FIL tomorrow and tell him what his part of the car seat is that he owes you and tell him that when you get it that he can get the picture at the same time. Thats my opinion though!! I hope that things get better for you.

August 8th, 2006, 04:48 AM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
to me it just sounds like he is offering to help out to make himself look good, and if you dont ask him for the money then he is in the clear, but he can say that he offered... kwim...

anyway I would just ask him if he was gonna help pay for the carseat and if he says no then I would explain to him that if he offers to help with something that he needs to follow through with it, instead of getting your hopes up, and the pics I wouldnt worry about it your not being rude I would get tired of empty promises too...
August 8th, 2006, 05:45 AM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
to me it just sounds like he is offering to help out to make himself look good, and if you dont ask him for the money then he is in the clear, but he can say that he offered... kwim...

anyway I would just ask him if he was gonna help pay for the carseat and if he says no then I would explain to him that if he offers to help with something that he needs to follow through with it, instead of getting your hopes up, and the pics I wouldnt worry about it your not being rude I would get tired of empty promises too...[/b]
Thanks to both of you ladies for your replies!
And what you said about:
to me it just sounds like he is offering to help out to make himself look good, and if you dont ask him for the money then he is in the clear, but he can say that he offered
That makes total sense and you might just be right!
Well I know hubby and I are going to fight about this one!
I'm so tired of hubby just letting them get away with everything they do; just like his sister leaving to go back home without even calling us or stopping--he will never say a word to her about it. That bugs me. They act like such buttholes and then never get told about it.

What does KWIM mean? I feel dumb for asking but I've seen it a lot! LOL!

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search