MIL

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Regular
Ok, so I will give you some background. I am 30 weeks pregnant and it will be the first grandchild for both my parents and my boyfriends... I am currently 1 cm dialted and on bedrest.. Both our parents live around 1.5 hours away from us in opposite directions..
So my MIL has been very excited all along and offering to buy us all sorts of stuff for the baby.. I know she doesn't have alot of money, she makes minumim wage and is single so she makes her rent and car payments alone and basically lives paycheck to paycheck.. Its not a big deal, I have told her she doesn't have to buy us anything big.. But she insists on buying something and I am getting so frusterated because it changes like every week what she will buy.. I know our baby will be comming early and I am getting so mad because she either wants to buy a car seat or stroller or playpen.. I don't like worrying about things last minute and would like to get all my shopping done soon, plus me and my bf want a certain theme to match.. I know that might be silly but I guess since this is the first child its exciting and we want everything to be perfect.. But like I said she doesn't have alot of money and the set we want is a bit expensive.. So I am getting so mad because I want my bf to tell her not to worry about those items but he won't bring it up!!!
And I don't want her spending the money she does have then have to be stressed later about not being able to make payments on things ect.. She has already bought alot of clothes and I am totally happy with that because neither me or my boyfriend expected anyone to buy us anything but clothes, ect...
ALSO, she does nothing but give me advice on things I already know like I have to eat healthy ect.. I get sooo mad becuase she didn't feed my bf anything but mcdonalds while growing up!! I get so annoyed because of the tone she tells me in, as if shes scolding me? Like what the hell.. Sorry but I was raised properly, all her advice is common knowlege, stuff I did and knew before I was pregnant!
Last of all, she asked me if she could be there for the birth.. I found in incredibly rude becuase I am not close with her at all, and I do not plan on having family visit until atleast the next day! My own mother won't even be at the birth, only me and my bf. And then shes like you guys have to come over right after she is born and every weekend.. I am pretty sure the last thing I am gonna wanna do when I get out of the hospital is drive over an hour to visit anyone! This is my first baby like I said, I have never been around babies and have no idea what to expect, plus I know I will be exhausted and want time to relax and get used to baby and let my body heal before I am driving around!! I just find it so selfish, why should i have to drive to visit her, she has a vehicle, if its important to her she can visit me for the first few weeks.. Plus not to mention I do have my own family who would like to visit as well!!! I keep telling myself she is just excited but its starting to annoy me sooo much. I really don't want to visit with family until a week after. Its important to me to have time to wind down and a week alone with our new baby..
I just get so annoyed, I hate the way shes going about everything and the way she brings it up to me, its as if she has to be the first person to see everything!! GRRRR

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search