Blowing Steam

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2008, 12:53 PM
albsblessings's Avatar Super Mommy
i don't like my sil and i don't think i ever will. that's all i have to say. it is a really long story. an 11 years long story of why i dont' like her.

February 16th, 2008, 09:28 AM
lauradeeann's Avatar Veteran
wow i also have inlaw problems lol but who doesnt this is great i can vent lol

well my mil isnt too bad she just gets on my nerves sometimes well my mil and fil dont have a car right now so they are constantly borrowing ours my fiance cant even use his own car to drive to work sometimes they have our car 4 or more days out of the week when we ask for the car to be back for a certain time they never even bring it back on time. they act like they never have any money my fil makes like 2000 a month and my mil makes like 1000 a month not to mention her tips she gets but they never even have money they dont have any bills really so what are they doing with all that money? like my fiance is the only one working and we make less then them and we can afford a car and stuff we have more bills then them too. and she always borrows money but never even pays us back but doesnt even bother to ask her other kids for money!!! and one time we needed like 200 for rent and she said she would help us but never did but found out she helped her daughter out when her daughter is always borrowing money even though they have money to buy a 200 dollor dog and a wii to so wth? and how come when i want to buy my freaking son something she always says thats what the grandparents are gonna get!! i said i want to get my son a easter basket and shes all well we are getting him one its like ok? she acts like hes her son!! and then my mil is always tired she makes me sick she doesnt work nearly as much as my fiance but shes always tired and sick she full of it. and what makes me mad is when i was working and she had our car i needed to get to work so i called her at 9 and time her i work at 10 and shes like im on my way im like ok and she didnt pick up up until 10 and we had to pick her up one time and she worked at 11 so we picked her up at 10:45 she got all pissy saying i need to get a car oh its alright for her to make everyone else late but to make her late omg my fiance had 2 other cars a neon and a stratus well his neon they would use it instead of their own car well my fil totaled that one and so we got the stratus well they did the same ###### thing they busted up the bumper scraped their car on ours just tore it up they ran down our cars so we had it in the shop to fix it but we hadent payed on it because of money issues and it got impounded and she didnt even bother to tell us we was gonna finally pay on it shes all" the car got impounded i told you that" she didnt tell us #####!! gosh they all are sooo freaking

May 10th, 2008, 10:23 AM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose, Bean, & #3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
My BIL and SIL (Husband's older brother and his wife) have made my life and marriage a living he** since the day dh and I MET. Starting lies about me and rumors within my in-law family (mostly SIL), trying to come between me and my best friend. SIL wrote a blog on MySpace about me calling me a coward because I wouldn't fight with her on MySpace and I deleted her sorry butt. BIL told DH at our Rehearsal dinner, via text, that he was making the biggest mistake of his life by marrying me. BIL also wrote DH emails in the months prior to our wedding saying he caught me cheating (never happened) and that I was a gold digger (DH was working for the Forest Service, making 1800/month when I met him). It has been horrible and through all of it I have tried to stay uninvolved and trust that in the end God will take care of it.

Last night my MIL called DH to tell him BIL had been fired. He is a LEO, with no education beyond high school and law enforcement. This had been a year long thing but the final decision was firing. After everything I AM THE ONE LOSING SLEEP. I am so worried about them because SIL is 21, they have 17 month old and she is pregnant with #2 and due in September. NO JOB = NO MONEY & NO INSURANCE. My dad and I are very close and when I called to tell him what had happened, all he could say was I'm sorry, I hope he finds new employment quickly. After everything that has been said and done, my family and I are worried about the very people who were he**bent on making my life miserable and breaking up my marriage.

I know that God blesses the faithful and curses the wicked, but I don't think anyone deserves this. Part of me wishes I could be happy because finally they are feeling the pain they inflict on others BUT I CAN'T. I am not that kind of person. AGHHHHH!

June 20th, 2008, 01:18 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
Edit: felt good to rant but I think i'll take this down now. don't want the chance of anyone running across it.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

August 9th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Veteran
I wanna rant. My inlaws weren't too thrilled with me from the beginning. I think it was cultural differences. I'm middle class and they're upperclass? Or maybe it's just because I dated their son. You can pick. I blog OBSESSIVLY, and I still do. While I was dating DF we would go down into the movie room to watch Tv and his little brother (4 years younger than DF) would crawl or slither down the stairs and try to catch us making out or something. I wrote on my Xanga that he was a 'dork'. His mom searched for my Xanga and found that I called her boy a dork and I was out. They kicked me out of the house for dishonoring the family for 2 years! They let me come back into the house after Thanksgiving (I still didn't go) And one week before Christmas DF and I announced that we were having a baby.

There was a LOT of tension when I started going over there. We were both really kind to eachother but you could tell it was tense. Then when the baby was born, I saw some true colors.

First I got the call about them wanting to bring up DF's little neice and nephew (Ages 4 and 5) they wanted me to put the baby back in the nursery so the nephew and neice could see her and didn't have to bug me, as she put it. And then finished up the convo with, "Because really, they only want to see the baby, noone cares about the mom." Misworded? or mean? you be the judge.

Second. I went to the bathroom when FIL and MIL arrived the first time and MIL went to see the baby. FIL thought I was seeing the baby too and DF was filling out the files. He has to accept paternity and all (We're not married yet) and his dad said pretty loudly, "are you absolutly sure you're the father?" In a pretty serious tone. I flushed the toilet and we quickly walked out to see the baby before I opened the door. again, I've been with DF for 4 years why would anyone doubt the paternity? Some of the things are just mean and others are nitpicky. I just wish things were better.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
January 17th, 2009, 10:39 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
Quote:
Quote:
RAWR!!

How on earth can my MIL be so friggin manipulative?!?!? Do they have a class for it????

GAHHHHHHH![/b]
I think all mils take that class...lol
[/b]

yes, and mine TEACHES it!

November 30th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My MIL is the QUEEN of show off any time anyone comes into her home. BIL along with his new girlfriend are coming in for Christmas and suddenly we're all supposed to drop everything and cater to him. Well apparently its ME that is supposed to do this in the sense that she wants all this baking done and she's expecting ME to do it. Forget that I have an infant at home, a house to run let alone myself to take care off.. I'll bake 10 dozen cookies, some brownies, fudge and some cakes for you! pffffffffffffffft! Her excuse was "well I work and I just don't have time.. besides you love to bake don't you??" HA! Yeah I like to bake what I pick out to bake and when I have time to bake and let me tell you, I used to bake a lot before having DS and since having him I've made cookies twice and made a birthday cake for MIL's birthday. Other than making regular meals that's it.

I'm tired of the insinuations that my home isn't clean enough for her. I'm sorry I would rather sit down and relax for the half hour my son sleeps than to move furniture to dust.

I'm tired of her insinuating that I do nothing but sit at home in front of the tube. I've actually offered the idea of cancelling our cable because I never watch it.

I'm tired of her feeding my son whatever she darn well feels like feeding him. Who gives a 5 month old chocolate??????? Her excuse being "Oh it won't hurt him, relax." Maybe it won't hurt him, maybe giving him peanut butter would end up being fine too.. but hey guess what??? They put those guidelines in place because there's a possibility. I intend to follow those guidelines!

Ah that felt good, thanks!
January 8th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Super Mommy
Ohhhh I love it.

DH, DS and I lived with the in-laws for 2 years (Aug 2008-Oct 2010). In early 2010, DH and I decided we had to get back on our own (living with the in-laws was hell), so we applied for some new low-income apartments and didn't say a word to my FIL (we told MIL, she was more understanding and totally thought we should be back on our own).
My FIL was charging us anywhere from $600-$800 a month to live with them and if there came a month where we couldn't afford to give him the full amount, he would refuse to talk to us and sulk in the corner like a baby.
So in September 2010, DH and I found out we were approved for the low-income housing, and could move in October. Well FIL somehow found out and was so disappointed in us, that we would move away and not live with them.
(The "sweet talking" he did to get us to move in the first place, was that he wasn;t going to charge us rent (FAIL) and that him and MIL would help watch and take care of DS (FAIL....never in the 2 years did they ever once help)

So anyway, around that time my MIL decides she is going to seperate from my FIL (long time coming) and throws us in the middle of it.

Long story short, we are living on our own and in the past 3 months, we have found out that my FIL was gambling away paychecks and the money we were giving him, wasn't paying any bills, and is currently over $1 million dollars in debt and is filing for bankruptcy (while on unemployment with no desire to look for a job).
My MIL, while I love her and she's been one of our biggest supporters, started over embracing her newfound singleness (after almost 30 years of marriage to the FIL *******) and in a matter of 4 weeks, got drunk, damaged her car, had $1,000 in repairs done on it, got drunk again, damaged it again so badly she had to total it, and then gave a huge sob story to her mom (my DH's grandma) about how her boss was working her overtime alot and she fell asleep at the wheel, and now she needs a new car, but her credit is so screwed up (thanks to FIL), that she's not sure how she can afford a car......so Grandma, who can't put an auto loan in her name because she's not licensed, decides to buy my MIL a new car, paid in cash and in full........Wow just ******* wow.

So in all this DH, told both his parents, you will not be allowed to babysit DS at all, so if you'd like to see him or spend time with him, you'll have to come visit us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search