Blowing Steam

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2006, 09:35 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
Feel free to vent here about your inlaws.

October 11th, 2006, 03:58 PM
mrobinson
Comments I need to let go:
"I wouldn't arrange my furniture like this."
(will add more later!)
October 18th, 2006, 04:27 PM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
RAWR!!

How on earth can my MIL be so friggin manipulative?!?!? Do they have a class for it????

GAHHHHHHH![/b]
I think all mils take that class...lol
October 19th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey, cool! I can vent here about dh's moronic family? Neat! Actually I don't hate his entire family... I like his mom. I just really need somplace to complain about the stupid woman that dh's father married. I always just take her crap and then end up laying in bed late at night getting angrier and angrier. This woman is the meanest woman I have ever met in my entire life. Before Chris and I got married he told me she was the anti-christ, I thoght he was just exagerating - HA! No exageration needed. How do I start this? Ok, when she married Chris's dad, she moved in with him, obviously. Chris decided to move in with them because it would be easier for him to get to school than if he lived with his mom and stepdad. This was years ago. Last year we found out how horrible this woman really is. When Chris decided to move in with them, she told a friend of hers that she was going to make his life a living he**. She did too. No one else in the family knows she said this except Chris's uncle and we arn't supposed to tall anyone because it'll 'rock the boat'. She has never treated me more than the piece of garbage that she thinks I am, she thinks I'm a troublemaker too which is the farthest from reality that you could possibly get. I've never: Done drugs, gone to a party, gotten in fights... Never done anything wrong. I'm really quiet and I respect everyone who deserves to be respected. I'm a good person. The first time we borrowed fil's van to visit my parents one christmas, the witch gave me a 2 hour lecture on how to drive and told me that when (not if, when) I got in an accident, I would be paying for everything. First of all, I have never even come close to getting in an accident and second of all the insurance they had on the van covered all 3rd parties as well as themselves, there would have been nothing to pay. When she found out I miscarried she dragged me into her dining room and pulled out all the pictures of her kids when they were babies, she wouldn't let me leave even though I had just gotten back from a cancer treatment and it was about 10:00 at night. When Chirs and I started planning our wedding, the witch and fil were in hawaii. When they came back we told them and she's like "why are we always the last to know?" She started b****ing and complaing. This was in april or may and I had told her in january that we were planning on getting married that year, she was actually the first to know. Anyways, after she stopped complaining, she started being really mean. "why are you even bothering to get married? you already live together, you don't need to get married" Then she said somthing I will never forget or forgive "you're going to get divorced you know. You have no chance" WTH!!! This woman has been divorced 3 times, she's made all her husbands hate her and she has the nerve to tell us that!?? Where does she come off! She wore she wore the most horrible outfit to our wedding, leather pants, the ugliest shirt she owns and a leather jacket! yuck! She didn't even try to look nice. Then she tried to start a fight with Chris's stepdad. Oh yeah, the witch and fil donated 3 cases of homemade wine to our wedding, told us whatever was left over we could take home. When they were leaving the witch grabbed all the bottles that hadn't been opened yet, including some from the 3 cases that my dad bought for us. When we told them that I'm pregnant again, she sat there and told me that I'm going to miscarry. Then she told me that I'm an idiot and have no idea what I'm doing when I told her that the baby will be sleeping with me. She told me I'm not going to get any sleep because the baby is going to wimper and cry all night. She raised 2 kids and she thinks I'm going to take her advice over people I know eho have raised 5!? Yeah right! I believe that if babies were meant to sleep in a seperate room than their parents, then they would be born able to take care of themselves. She then told us that we arn't allowed to have the crib thats at the grandparents house. (Chris's grandparents) Thats not her decision, it's my mil's crib and she already told us that we could have it, the witch said no, it's not. It's the grandparents crib and you can't have it. HA! It's actually the crib that mil bought for Chris when he was born (which is the reason we won't be using it, it's really really old.) Then she told us that we are morons and how do we think we are going to get what we need for baby? um. lets see. Not everyone is a horrible person like you, witch. People will be buying us stuff and Chris is a welder, it's not like we have no money. GRRR! I just hate her soooo much! She's brainwashed fil now too. He won't stand up for any of the kids anymore, theres 4. I have another rant about fil but I'm not going to add it right now, I think I've rambled on long enough. Sorry if I offended anyone in any way, I didn't mean to. Thanks for putting up with my rant, I feel better now. : )

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

October 19th, 2006, 12:41 PM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
first of all <hugs> that is a lot to deal with being pregnant your a strong woman, if my smil was like that I would tell her to kiss my arse...she just seems like she is an unhappy woman with her life and wants to bring anyone who has a good spirit down with her... just keep strong girl, and dont worry you can post a novel if you want too... lol hope you have a good week....
October 23rd, 2006, 01:46 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
I just gotta keep remembering ....

HE MARRIED ME.. THEY DIDN'T.. HE SLEEPS WITH ME.. THEY DON'T.

And everything will be all right
November 8th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Monkey9382's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay, well, I just want to set the record straight before I start: I honestly do like all of my in-laws, some of them just annoy and irritate the sh*t out of me! Where to begin????

Okay, background: DH is a marine and is in Iraq right now. FIL is a retired army sargeant. BIL is in the army special forces, uncle, grandpa, friends, all in the military. It's one big military family. They all know how this works, so why am I the one who has their head on their shoulders?????? Everytime something comes on the news about a marine being killed in Iraq, FIL calls me. Doesn't matter what time it is, doesn't matter what I'm doing, he calls me. Good frigging grief. I keep reminding him, if they've announced it on the news, they've already notified the family. I haven't heard anything and no news is good news - he's okay. He's all like, "Well, I'm worried, I haven't heard from him, have him call me." I understand this is his son, I get that, but you know what - I'M HIS WIFE - I GET FIRST DIBBS!!!!!!! He married me! I have the child with him! I get the first call, I get more calls than anyone else and dammit, I think I DESERVE it for being here and taking care of everything, including our daughter, all by myself. Not to mention, when he does call (FIL I mean) he calls over and over and OVER AGAIN until I pick up the phone. It's frigging dang irritating. When DH was home on leave, (warning TMI) we were having sex one morning and his dad called THREE FRIGGING TIMES IN A ROW to both of the phones until one of us picked up the phone! If I don't answer mine, then he calls DH's. OMG!!!! Not to mention, when we had our daughter, I was induced two weeks early, because we knew that DH was leaving. I only had ONE WEEK with DH before he left. Every day someone was over (mostly FIL) or we were going somewhere not only because of DH leaving but because of the new baby. The last day before DH left, I requested that NO ONE come over or call or anything as I wanted ONE DAY alone with my husband and my daughter. Well, FIL got all pissy about it and then, after all that, came over anyway!!!!! I was/am SO MAD!!!! Plus - he and my step-MIL live 45 minutes away. Since DH has been gone, they have not come over to the house ONCE to visit. SMIL has stopped by only one time to drop something off for the baby. They expect me to drive all the way out there once a week so that they can see the baby. And then they get pissy if I don't. WTH?!?!?!? Anyway, I'm sure that's not all of it, but I feel better now. If you've made it this far, thank you for reading/listening...

November 10th, 2006, 07:19 AM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
Just what I need...a place to vent about the inlaws...especially during the holidays. First...I like my mil. She does a few things but overall she is nice and means well. She truly loves the grandchildren. Plus she has a lot to deal with right now and I don't know how she does it. My fil on the other hand is a typical *******. I have to try to be civil to him because he is dying from cancer. But he has always been a @@@@@@@. Even before the cancer. He has done several things that just are horrible.

Anyway this week they made a surprise visit at our house. They live in Georgia and we live in South Alabama. They could had called. Wednesday night I had just gotten home from ballet with the girls. I had been gone all day since I was subbing at one of the schools and my afternoon is pretty much taken up. The house was a mess. I had not put the dishes up yet since I leave that for at night because my morning is crazy. I forgot to sweep the floor in the morning because we were running late. Little things. Nothing major. Oh yes the laundry that I had dried early morning was sitting in the chair in the living room waiting to be folded tonight.

Well Fil had the nerve to make a comment about my house being messy. DUH! He is such a typical @@@@. My mil, bless her heart, instead of complaining and putting me down she was helping me clean up the few things that I still had to do.

First if they had called and announce they were coming the day before I would had made a special attempt to have the house a little neater. It would had meant staying up later and not getting enough sleep but I would had done it. Well thanks for the vent. I feel much better.
November 17th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to specialk969
<span style="font-family:Tahoma">Wow! I feel really greatful for my IL's. They have their generational beliefs (ie. the way proper girls behave and stocking your pantry as if a war might happen) but for the most part, they would do anything for me. IMO I have learned that people with no self esteem will cut down, complain, etc. someone to make themselves feel superior. I would let the unwanted critizism(sp?) go in one ear and out the other and just keep smiling. </span>
January 9th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
For the most part I get along with my IL's but my DH's mother is constantly getting digs in on me and I have no idea why. We have never had words or disagreed on anything but she does little things that really get under my skin. For instance....we went to their house first thing Christmas morning because we had to open gifts there. We always make sure we get her exactly what she has said she wants. She never asks us which is fine because thats not the real reason for the season but if she is going to go through all the trouble of getting us things you'd think she would at least want it to be things we like because she goes way over board on how much she buys. But, here is the gripe...there are lots of people there so nobody is really paying attention to what the others are getting so the first thing I open is two pilate (sp?) dvd's. I'm thinking WTH!! I know I need to lose weight but i'm not way over weight by any means and I hadn't mentioned that I wanted to start working out or anything. So, I blow it off and then a couple presents later... a workout outfit in my size. By then i'm starting to get a little steamed so later I open some clothes that are all a size smaller then what I wear. I was never so ready to leave!! Didn't say anything to my DH about it and needless to say they are in the bottom of my closet still in the bag. She is not thin so I don't know why she feels the need to be that way.

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

January 24th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Send a message via MSN to AmySeifert
Wow, it is so nice to know that I am not the only one with IL issues of sort.

I also love my MIL dearly, but sometimes....urgh!!!!! Here is my story.

She is a compulsive person....I've known this all along and it never bothered me until I had her granddaughter. She insists on buying everything and she buys her things that she can use in 3 years sometimes. We have asked her to please not buy so much as we did not want to have to store items forever and as an infant, she just really does not need that much. She then buys stuff for her house and says it's at my house so you can't say anything. Well as much as I want to keep my mouth shut - it gets hard to. While I was pregnant with her, she had 8 gifts under the tree....she was not even born yet.....

So more recently she wanted to buy her a walking activity center....I told her I would like to research it first to make sure it's safe and she ended up going to get it a few days later and she said "it will be at my house" I replied "it's does nto matter what house it is at, if DH and I are not comfortable with it then she will not play with it" She said nothing and it bothered me so much that I woke my DH up at 2 this a.m. to talk about it. We did look up the comments and we do feel like this toy is not appropriate for her right now so we need to let her know this.

My DH does not want to hurt his mom's feelings, but I told him that it really bothers me that I do not want our child to grow up expecting this, I want her to appreciate what she has and that MIL is not going to help with that and her going against our wishes on what we want for our children, it really makes me not want to be around her.

DH says that it's up to us to teach daughter appreciateion, but I say that it will be hard with the way his mom is unless she gets herself under control. She thinks that because she is grandma she can do what she wants and I want her to respect our wished as parents. I love her so much and she truly is a wonderful person and MIL, but how should I handle this?

I am so sad because of it and don't know which direction to turn. Help if you can.
February 9th, 2007, 03:25 PM
ReedsMama06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ReedsMama06 Send a message via Yahoo to ReedsMama06
Why i cant stand them....

5. DH's terrible past which i cant even delve into right now.

4. Their indirect way of guilting you, insulting you, and making you feel like the worst person ever.

3. The fake bs they put on in front of people... ESP. MIL

2. Parading my son around like he is their own and using me as a means to get to him.

1. Them talking all this bs how Dh and his bro and all of us they love equally, BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They do ten times more for him and his family and it is obvious and has been their whole lives how they feel about Dh.

I cant even think about it. this list could have been 50 points long and i could have filled them all in.
February 10th, 2007, 09:05 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate the way that my inlaws act as though they have certain "rights" to my daughter. They expect me to leave her there for a week or more while I go on my merry way and do whatever. Um, no... she's not even 8 months old (and they were trying to get me to do this when she was 3 months old, and still ask EVERY time we come over). She's certainly not going to be away from her mom for a WEEK! They keep saying, well, once you have this baby, you'll be wanting a break!! A break to sleep, yes (maybe 6, 7 hours), but not a week-long break from my kids. This is ridiculous. Next thing you know she'll try to claim my daughter on her taxes. I would be FURIOUS!

April 10th, 2007, 12:48 PM
HarlieStar3
Quote:
Why i cant stand them....

5. DH's terrible past which i cant even delve into right now.

4. Their indirect way of guilting you, insulting you, and making you feel like the worst person ever.

3. The fake bs they put on in front of people... ESP. MIL

2. Parading my son around like he is their own and using me as a means to get to him.

1. Them talking all this bs how Dh and his bro and all of us they love equally, BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They do ten times more for him and his family and it is obvious and has been their whole lives how they feel about Dh.

I cant even think about it. this list could have been 50 points long and i could have filled them all in. [/b]
I love it!! I feel the same way!!!
May 3rd, 2007, 11:48 AM
Seanaci's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Seanaci Send a message via MSN to Seanaci
SIL is most likely 5 weeks pregnant with her second.

Here's to hoping she doesn't try to steal my thunder even though she's 3 months behind me. Here's to hoping they were trying before we announced we were PG. Here's to hoping they can get their finances in order before she gets further along. Here's to hoping they include my nephew in the pregnancy. Here's to hoping she doesn't have a little girl (I'm selfish, I know). Here's to hoping my attitude gets happier as time goes on. Here's to hoping we both have easy, non-complicated pregnancy. Here's to hoping, in the end, we both deliver healthy babies.
May 12th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
khristine.. wow.. I am so sorry.

and lifting up the blanket? I would have punched her! I don't know how you can stand it!

myspace
September 25th, 2007, 11:02 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Wow, I can't believe the MIL who is taking credit for mommy's sleepless nights... UNREAL!

Since my baby isn't here yet, my ILs haven't had a chance to drive me crazy in that department... but they say and do so many mean things to me now that I'm really dreading how they're going to behave when the baby arrives.

Ex:

1. Before we were married I wasn't allowed to participate in the family gift exchange. Even though DH and I had bought a house together and lived together, I had to sit and watch everyone else exchange gifts at Christmas.

2. My MIL took me aside to tell me "You're not in my family."

3. When my FIL lists the members of his family, he will include his ex wife, his ex wife's mother, his ex wife's aunt, and his ex wife's fiance, but not me. When I asked him about it, he told me I hadn't been around long enough for him to consider me part of his family.

4. When DH and I told them we were having a baby, MIL said she wouldn't be excited until the doctor confirmed it (like I made it up or something?)

5. Not 10 minutes after we told them, she turned to me to ask if I knew when SIL was going to have a baby. No, I don't know, I haven't given it much thought lately... sort of caught up in my baby.

6. I am 9 weeks pregnant. MIL has not called me once to ask how I am feeling. When I see her, she ignores the fact that I'm pregnant and has still not asked me how I am feeling. She does not care one tiny bit how her pregnant Daughter in law feels carrying her first grandchild.

7. At Christmastime, when everyone goes to cut down Christmas trees, DH and I are not allowed to ride in the motorhome with the rest of the family. We have to follow by ourselves in our car, even though MIL's friends and BIL's girlfriend have plenty of room. Son and his wife - no way.

8. Whenever I cook food or make something to bring along when we are having a visit, my MIL will refuse it (literally -- "Oh, we won't eat that, there was no point in you making it") , wrap it up immediately so that I have to take it back home, or hide it. I found a tin of Christmas baking I gave her 2 years ago hidden in her freezer. TWO YEARS ago.

9. Nobody invites us to any family events or get togethers unless they want something from us. For example: "Come camping and bring your horses so everyone can ride!" "Come camping and bring your chainsaw so we can cut up firewood!" Nobody ever says "Come camping! We'd like to see you!" EVER.

They're horrible people and treat me like garbage. I would never turn to my child's husband or wife and tell them "Sorry but I just don't consider you part of my family."

Family is supposed to be a warm safe place, that is welcoming and embraces newcomers with open arms. When my kids grow up and get married, I will never, ever, EVER treat them the way that DH's parents have treated me.
January 4th, 2008, 08:28 AM
photomom30's Avatar Member
I love my mother inlaw dont get me wrong. and she loves her grand kids and kids.
but sometimes she gets on my nerves bad. She takes things the wrong way.

It seems like every holiday she gets mad at someone in the family.It can be for a stupid reason you would think noone else wont be mad at you for its just crazy!
Like this christmas .
she gotten mad at my sil and I cause of myspace spammers. if anyone on here has myspace you would know what im talking abt. she had got a video thingy from me and hubbys aunt gotten one from my sil the only reason why my sil didnt give her mother one cause she wasnt on her friend list but I was . my sil got it from somebody and then gave it to me and her aunt and then i gave to my mil and everyone on my list and it kept on going{spammer} something we had no part of . so i had to email everyone to let them know that i didnt put that on there. which everyone knows what them things are by now . they just delete the comment. and email you back saying thats ok i understand blah!blah! well my mil on the other hand just automaticly got mad at my sil and I without asking no questions abt it just assumed that we done it . when we wont do such a thing.
well from all people that she got mad at this christmas cause my sil and i wasnt the only ones she gotten mad at . she got mad my hubby and my bil also But shes has tooken all of anger out on me send me hate emails that i call it and i block her from my emails cause honesltly i think its really childlish whats shes doing and didnt want to waste my time. then shes been posting stuff abt me on her myspace blog like any of them people dont know her are me and probaby dont care .
On christmas eve her and my fil came over here i was in the house and my hubby was outside with the dog and they stopped middle of the road and told my hubby heres the kids gifts didnt even come in to say hey to them are anything. then she went back on her blog say something totally different then with what happened . i sent her a christmas card it was a picture of our family and kids she sent it back with a black around face on the envlope. its just crazy and psy.
it did bother me but it dont no more cause shes always doing this on hoildays the 6 yrs my hubby and i been together. i guess misery love company! but the misery not getting it by me and this family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search