Who's side is dh on?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Does he back you up in the inlaw squabbles or does he tend to be a mama's boy?
August 28th, 2007, 10:06 AM
mommyofdani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyofdani
For the most part, dh is on my side. He usually stands up for me, but there have been times when he told me to just suck it up just to keep the peace. The entire time I was not speaking with mil, dh repeatedly told her she was wrong.

August 28th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When it comes to them he always stands up for me. But he does try to make excuses for their behavior to me. But one time his brother was being an idiot to me and Mike flipped out on him. So always in front of them he's on my side.

August 28th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Up until recently, my DH has always made excuses for my MIL's poor behavior. But after our last visit, even he had to admit that she has lost her mind. Now I feel bad for him because when he has to call her on the phone, it takes him several hours (and a couple of drinks), to get himself psyched up enough to do it!
August 29th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Dh is on my side all that way, except when it comes to his lil sis. I don't like her cause she was involved with the crap they were doing to us in the past, and he says that at 13 she was too young to make her own decisions BS, but whatever. I guess it's not too bad cause she doesn't tend to piss me off much like his family does.
August 30th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
His family knows better than to start anything with me. He's that speak his mind and put you in your place kind of person. Not like I have to worry, I'm the best he's every had!! One reason being I'm not a golddigger that wants nothing out of life than to sit on my lazy butt the couch all day and stick my hand out on his payday. Oh and I don't try and turn his family against each other like his ex did.....He's almost always on my side about things. But thats another rant altogether :S If I ever feel like it, I will post about it.

September 1st, 2007, 12:11 PM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
DH always stands up for me. He doesn't fall for the pity cries that come from the IL's side. They toss out so much BS that nobody, except people who are afraid to get on their bad side, take. It's awesome too since we live all the way in Arizona. The IL's are in Illinois. lol

July 20th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH backs me up when I disagree with MIL.
July 21st, 2008, 09:42 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
no butting heads yet, really. the only problems i have is when he makes decisions (ie. lends them money, etc) without consulting me first, which would put him on their side.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

July 21st, 2008, 08:31 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hhhmmm. He doesn't agree with me necessarily, but he doesn't undermine me either. He just doesn't see how kooky his mom is and how selfish she is. He's blind to it.

July 24th, 2008, 01:23 PM
lovingkate&amp;chloe's Avatar Veteran
David usually backs me up. He's not a momma's boy, so maybe that's why. My ex husband on the other hand was a total momma's boy!
July 25th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Livi
Don't shoot me!!!

I LOVE my In-Laws. We are friends, I've grown up with Cole (SO) so I've known them since I was about 3. They are amazing people...
July 29th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Alchemist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol Livi, you are lucky (and a rarity)

We cancelled our wedding (the original date) beciase I felt my DH wasnt on my side (his mom is really demanding and you would have thought it was HER wedding).....

but he has learned over the last few years to stand by MY side, but I also know what i can say and cant say about his family. But we do laugh when she irritates him and i can tell him when shes getting hectic.....
August 6th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Veteran
I envy you Livi! My inlaws reguard me as something that can be ignored. They aren't officially Inlaws yet. But I've been with DF for a long time and we have a kid together and we do plan on getting married (if his mom would but out) so they count. My DF is the world's biggest mamma's boy. He will not tell her no for nothing! I was even 'uninvited' to his house for two years (Engagement and wedding problems) and he wouldn't stand up and say that his mom had gone overboard.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 7th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Alchemist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow Yoshie, sounds familiar. what are you wedding plans about now?
August 7th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Veteran
I think we're waiting for us to finish college. his family threatened to disown him if he transferred down to the community college that I go to. So he live in a fraternity 4 hours from my house during school. I see him for 1 day every other week. His mom and dad insist that he spends time with them so we each get him for one day. Kinda sad huh?

His parents said that it would be ideal if we waited until we were both graduated and into our careers. They were thinking when we were thirty (We're 22 now) and they were a bit angry when I made the baby take my last name. It's a long sad saga.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 13th, 2008, 07:13 AM
08baby's Avatar Veteran
He back's me up !! He know's how is mom is and he also know's that for some reason I have a big problem standing my ground with anyone , so she run's all over me

August 14th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Super Mommy
LMAO~ this woman has my husband so fooled it's beyond hope. For the most part I handle my own battles with her and usually don't take it to my husband. I don't want to put him in the middle of us.
When he does get involved, it's a toss up. He never sides AGAINST me but he never really puts his Mother in her place either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search