Two vents..

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
Okay... stupid vent first.

Jar's grandma is the one that will be watching Libby when (lord help me) I find a job.. as previously posted.

Well I tested for a police department in the town over from mine (and made it into the eligibility pool. yay!) and had her watch her while I was doing so.. I came back to pick Libby up and got annoyed at the smallest thing.. she was feeding her with the evenflo bottle that I left her with UPSIDE DOWN. I know that is SO silly to get angry about, but Libby wouldn't eat that way (she couldn't.. as it shoves the nipple into her tongue).. Libby could barely get anything down and was squirming in obvious discomfort.. and Marge kept saying "What's wrong, Libby? Tell Grandma." (Which annoys me as well.. she's libby's greatgrandma. Her grandma is MY mom.. and Jared's, I suppose.)

I didn't point out that she was doing it wrong because we were leaving anyway.. and I didn't want to make her feel bad.. but now I realize that I should have.. because I can't send that kind of bottle with her anymore. (I saw her feeding libby this way once before and just figured she was doing it accidentily that once.. now I realize it's a pattern.) It just ANNOYS me. And when I got libby home she wouldn't eat.. she just cried every time I tried to get a bottle anywhere near her. I bet it hurt.

I guess I'm more annoyed that I didn't say anything.. but also at the fact that it's BASIC INTELLIGENCE that tells you how you should hold that bottle.. it just goes to show that she's not the brightest woman on the face of the earth. -sigh- but then she is always here for me when I need her.. even if she does think a wife should stay with a husband no matter what he does (including physical abuse and cheating)

And my second vent.

Jared's mom.. I guess this makes me sad above all else.. continually chooses her boyfriend over her own son. Jared is her only child.. and there were many times when Rod (MIL's BF) kicked Jared out of his house.. and Paula didn't follow. I'm sorry, but that's YOUR SON. He would go stay with his grandparents until Rod would let him back in. That finally stopped when Jared moved in with his father (who paula loathes.. though if you ask me she is still in love with him and is bitter that he never wanted her). AS SOON as she found out where he'd moved, she was on the phone begging him to come back to Rod's. Pathetic.

Then when Libby was born and Jared's dad came to the hospital, Paula whispered to me "You better not let that man hold my baby. I've been waiting a LONG time for her and he hasn't earned one SECOND with her."

uhhhhhhh. SHe's not your child. You haven't been waiting a long time.. if anyone would have been waiting, it would have been me. Plus your son is only 25.. -rolls eyes- sorry for that tangent.

It just makes me sooo sad that Paula continually puts herself over Jared. It just shouldn't be that way. Every time he ends a phone call with her, he says "I love you." She NEVER does. I didn't know that (as I'm not on the phone) until one night shortly after we were married we'd been drinking some wine and he started crying and told me that. (he hasn't cried since)

I just hate her. She trys to control his life.. and she does it all to her benefit. Never to his. Just like telling him he was NOT going to move because she had earned the right to enjoy a baby because she had to work to feed him and didn't get to enjoy him.. right. way to be a guilting jerk.

I blame every one of his emotional struggles on her.

myspace
January 20th, 2008, 12:09 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ayiyiyi! Poor Libby. I'm sure that was uncomfortable. Will she take another kind of bottle? Because if so it might be best to send a kind that doesn't have a right and wrong side. Also, if it bothers you that she refers to herself as "grandma" rather than "great-grandma" maybe you could come up with a special name that's shorter. My grandma (Samuel's great-grandma) goes by GG short for Great-Grandma. She came up with it but I think it's cute and easy to say. I'm also sorry that Jared's mom is so unthoughtful toward him. No one should have to go through that.

January 21st, 2008, 02:27 PM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I'm so sorry your going through that with your family. It really sucks. I agree w/ sending a different bottle if she will take a different kind. If not, definately sit down and just tell Libby's great grandma, hey I don't want to sound rude or anything but I noticed you were feeding her the wrong way with the bottle, this is how your supposed to do it. I know its frusterating to think that someone wouldn't realise it on there own, but it might solve the problem right then and there.. because people really are that clueless sometimes. She probably just said grandma because thats a heck of a lot easier to say than great grandma everytime she talks to her, but if it really bothers you maybe suggest a different name you could use, or just say you'd prefer if she refered to herself as great-grandma.

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

January 24th, 2008, 08:05 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Poor Libby! I'm sure once you point it out though it'll be dealt with, she might not be very bright but it sounds like she sure loves Libby.

As for Paula... that's awful. Poor Jar. I wish I knew what to say, that's just so... mean.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search