I dont want her to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
So my baby shower is this Saturday. I am soooooooooooooo excited about it!!! I cant wait. My whole family is going to be there. My mom is excited and so are my sisters!!! Aunts and cousins and family friends from all over Mexico, and coming from Dallas and other states are flying in for my baby!!!

Well, you KNOW I just HAD to invite MIL. My SIL is going as well, but I love her!!! Im not too excited about her going. First off, she has NEVER meet my mom. Not once. Never talked to her on the phone or anything. So she leaves a VM on her cell to RSVP for the shower. I was kinda hoping, and still AM, that she will bail out. She has been known to do that, so I am waiting for the phone call saying...Oh, I cant make it. I have something better to do, like get my nails done. Whatev.

Do I HAVE to talk to her while at the party? Stupid question...I know!! But she has only been to our house once!!!! WE MOVED IN AUGUST!!!! She didnt even help with the move at all. HER OR HER HUSBAND!!! (DF's stepdad) She never calls, emails, or drops by. We literally live 2 blocks down! She never invited us to Thanksgiving dinner. Didnt invite us over for Christmas! Gave me a dishrag for my Christmas Present, while everyone else got luxorious things.

DF doesnt talk to her because of all the ##### she has talked to him. Long story short, when we lived in out 1 bedroom apt. DF kept his stuff at his moms house. Well, she decided that she was going to keep it after a while because she felt he needed to pay 'rent' for keeping it for him. All his tools that were his grandfathers(which were passed down to him) his stepdad pawned or lost. There is still stuff that is his that she will NOT give back to him. Shes a selfish "B".

I dont really want her there at my shower but she is one of the grandmothers, even though she has said that she isnt excited about this baby because she ALREADY has a granddaughter and a grandson. The second granddaughter just isnt as important. How can someone say that about my precious baby girl?? BUT she wants to be the first one notified when I am in labour. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!! I guess she thinks that she is going to be one of the ones in the room, which she is NOT. Its just going to be DF, and my momma. Also, she also thinks that she will be over all the time when she is born since I will be needing 'help'. HA!! With all my complications that Ive had, you would think that she would be a little more involved seeing that my entire family lives over an hour away, and she lives less than 30 secs away. Even when DF had his Nuerological Exams, we didnt tell her because it would be like talking to the wall! If its not about her, its about NO ONE!

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
February 7th, 2008, 03:00 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry about how she treats you and your DF. That is terrible that she said that the 2nd granddaughter isn't as important, just awful! She will probably show up because you just wouldn't be that luck, right? If she does, don't let her ruin it for you. You deserve to have a great shower and it sounds like you will. You have to be polite, but if it's a large shower, and it sounds like it will be, you can't be blamed that you have to talk to everyone and there isn't a lot of time for her, kwim? That's how it was at the one shower that my MIL attended which was thrown by our church. I think she wasn't happy, but I had other guests to be polite to. She tends to think that it's all about her. Anyway, I hope you have such a great time. You deserve a great shower! Please come back and tell us all about it. I want to know!

February 9th, 2008, 05:34 PM
lunachik22's Avatar Super Mommy
fingers crossed that she'll bail on the shower!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 9th, 2008, 06:38 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How was your shower? I hope it was really great! Please come tell us all about it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search