I DID IT!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2008, 10:14 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
I just wanted to share this with you girls in case it inspires someone to speak up to their MILs and start the ball rolling toward them treating you a little more respectfully.

Last night we went to this party, and the guy hosting it had asked everybody to bring some food. Sure enough, there was TONS of party food. We arrived a little late, but I had still gone out to the grocery store and bought ingredients and spent time to make a dip. I don't feel right arriving at parties empty handed, and the host had ASKED us to bring stuff anyway.

My ILs were there and right away MIL started in at me telling me to go put my food in the car and not serve it, because there was already so much. She has done this EVERY SINGLE TIME I've brought food to an event she was attending -- she has actually taken a dish I've prepared and pushed it into my hands, forcing me to take it away, like it's something to be ashamed of. She won't eat the food I prepare, ever, and behaves like she's protecting everybody else from the poison I've brought to the party. I even found Christmas baking I'd given her three years ago in her freezer.

ANYWAYS, since I'm 31wks pregnant, my feet are swollen and feel like raw hamburger, and my B!tch Sw!tch is cranked up to MAX, I finally turned to her and said "No, actually, you know what? I spent time and money to prepare this dip. I was asked to bring an appetizer. I am happy to make a contribution, and I don't feel right arriving empty handed. I think it's very rude for someone to tell me they don't want to sample the dish I've prepared, and even MORE rude to try to get me to take it away or throw it out. So, I'm going to leave it right here for everyone to enjoy." She flips out and says "Well what are THEY going to do with it?" My husband turns to her and says "Eat it, mom, it's just a dip!" So she wobbled off into the party (she was drunk, as usual.)

I was on Cloud Nine! Unfortunately, my MIL was hammered, but I was so proud of myself for suddenly finding the cojones to speak up and defend myself instead of letting her insult me for the ten thousandth time.

Anyways I never thought I could speak up and defend myself without causing big problems in DH's family, but it's not worth is for us daughters in law to be beaten down by our MILs just to keep the peace. We deserve to defend ourselves and be treated with respect and good manners. So go out there and don't let them forget just what a good mommy (and a good cook, or whatever) you are!
February 24th, 2008, 01:00 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Way to go! I'm glad you stood up for yourself and it turned out good! Sounds like DH jumped to your defense too!

February 25th, 2008, 03:39 PM
pudrow2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right on!!!!!!!! You must feel great!!!
February 25th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
you get my vote of approval! I wouldn't say that was even REMOTELY ######y.. good job = )

myspace
March 5th, 2008, 05:08 AM
lunachik22's Avatar Super Mommy
OMG what a rude b*tch!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrr.....

good for you for sticking up for yourself!!!!!

March 12th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Every1LuvzAngie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
good job standing up to her! and props to DH for backing you up!!!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFvvFL3/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search