Let the stories begin!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2008, 04:31 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far she has left an almost full glass of water on the coffee table which my son dumped all over himself and the carpet and as *I* soaked it up band everyone else just watched he then stomped in it soaking his socks which *I* then had to go get a new pair to change them ( thanks for the help DH). Then she left her purse on the coffee table which he then raided and found a pen and ran away with (I always let my son run with objects that could poke an eye out ) Then she took forever to get ready to leave the house (nothin new) and even after she said she was ready we still had to wait another 5 minutes. Then she took forever to eat lunch as Samuel got more and more sick of sitting there and I'm desperately trying to entertain him (like 20 miutes after everyone else is done) and then another 10 waiting for her in the car because she was in the bathroom. And now she is laying on the futon with headphones on (like a foot from me) making little noises to show her displeasure and mumbling about how it's too loud and she can't sleep because Samuel is watching the Wiggles while she's trying to nap! It's 7:30! I'm not going to turn it off. She could have napped while he was down for his nap. She had at least an hour and a half but she was messing around. It's almost time for bed anyway! So that's the first round. I'm sure there will be more to come.

March 14th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Yeah, remember that glass of water yesterday? This morning a cup of warm tea. I am thanking Jesus that it had cooled off otherwise he would have burned himself. It didn't really get on his clothes but it was all over his hands. I am sooo mad right now! And of course, I was the one to clean up the mess again. I was about this close to losing it with her this time. You would have thought that she would have learned her lesson last time. So then I said, "We usually don't bring open cups into the living room because of this. We use bottles of water or something with a lid." I'm not even sure how I managed to be polite.

March 14th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
oh me oh my.. good luck with the rest of the visit..

myspace
March 14th, 2008, 03:19 PM
And the stories continue.....So DH and FIL were going to Indy for the Illinois vs. Purdue game tonight. We thought it would be fun to get a hotel near in Indy that has this cool waterpark so we could play with Samuel. So that all worked out nicely. ILs are footing the bill. I lent MIL some sandals because she forgot some. Well we're leaving the waterpark and she tells me "Look I wrote our room number on the bottom of my sandals so I wouldn't get lost!" First, they are *my* sandals not hers. Second, she didn't write it tiny. In huge ink "119" is now written on the bottom of my left sandal. The bottoms are pink foamy rubbery stuff so it's not coming off. I am so mad! Now I can't wear them anywhere. People will be like, "What's 119?" You've got to be kidding me! She absolutely is dumb enough not to be able to remember our room number but write it on your own stuff! I really bent DH's ear on that one. I mean does she not remember that those aren't her shoes? How rude is that? I'm ready for her to go home!

March 14th, 2008, 08:40 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
ROFL... I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but seriously? On the SANDALS? My God. That's ridiculous.

You're almost there hon, just a little bit longer!!
March 15th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Veteran
Haha! I'm sorry you are having to deal with her, but that was really funny about the sandals! Stupid on her part, but funny. That would make me mad too, how can you not remember that they're not YOUR shoes?

Just keep blaring the Wiggles until she leaves!
March 15th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Ok time for my daily update on what has annoyed me today. First she's cleaning my house. I find this really annoying. It's like she's saying that I'm not doing a good enough job as a housekeeper. I also hate it when other people clean up because I know where things go and they don't and then I can't find what I'm looking for. Beyond that, I'm upset about milk. Yes, milk. We have a young child so we buy him Vitamin D milk. There is a half gallon of Vitamin D for him and a half gallon of 2% for everyone else. The other day when I came out my ILs were eating cereal but they used his milk on it. Then at dinner I poured him a fresh cup. I took him into the other room and DH was clearing up with MILs help. She threw out the whole glass of milk that he took 2 sips of rather than putting it in the fridge. So now we've got to go buy another half gallon of milk for him and the other one hasn't been touched! And speaking of milk, I don't like it. I made a comment about that in response to something she said and she says, "But you had to drink it while you were pg." And I was like "No." And she's giving me this horrified look. "But you have to get calcium." "There are other ways to get calcium." "But isn't it really hard to get enough." "No, my dr. was just fine with me getting calcium other ways." "Well, I guess things have changed." Whatever! I don't have to explain myself to you. He's obviously healthy. How dare you imply that I didn't take care of myself and my baby while I was PG! Tonight Samuel also pointed out the playing cards to her in the closet so she just gives them to him! Just because he can say it, doesn't mean he gets whatever he wants! She is also constantly asking for random things. "Do you have.....?" I'm just so over this! Only 2.5 days to go...Only 2.5 days to go...I just keep telling myself this. The light at the end of the tunnel is that my parents come back into port tomorrow (they've been on a cruise since last Sun) so I can't wait to talk to someone sane again. I can't wait to tell her all this ridiculousness!

March 16th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
-shakes finger- YOU BETTER GO GAG YOURSELF WITH MILK BECAUSE YOU NEED CALCIUM!!!! wow. way to shove her ideas down your throat..

I literally LAUGHED at the sandal story. What a moron. I would be mad, too!!

p.s.- I went to the Illinois/Purdue game about a month ago where Purdue kicked Illinois' butt.. I was glad to hear we got our revenge. muwhahahahahahahaha.

myspace
March 16th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Oh, they were rooting for Illinois too. That's FIL's alma matter! They were quite happy with the outcome. I could care less but I'm glad they saw a good one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search