a little intro and vent

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2008, 05:09 PM
ME: My name is Tasha and I have been married for just over a year. I met my husband in US Army basic training. We married real fast. We met in June 2006 and got married January 2007. I got pregnant in March and had a beautiful baby boy named Cory. I currently live in Texas and my husband is deployed. (I am no longer in the military)

VENT: I just got dont spending a little over a month at my MIL's house. Within that month I had to deal with my MIL's five year old son breaking our brand new stroller and not doing anything about it. My FIL borrowing our car for three months and taking it ALL OVER TEXAS then returning it in ######ty condition while not having an oil change the whole time. (we expected it to just drive it around locally...i dont drive and we needed to park it somewhere while i had the baby at my moms) ALSO, when i pulled my husbands credit recently i noticed that they keep adding to student loans that my husband took out and never used but is in my husbands name. (his mom used them instead. why cant they get their own ###### loan?)

I believe that my husband being the poor naive thing told his mom about my little gripes.

Just today i went to the mailbox and their was a big envelope from MIL. I knew it was my mail that got caught in the middle of an address change, but i was not expecting an easter card...addressed only to my DS. When I opened it, it was a winnie the pooh card (i hate winnie the pooh and she knows it) love..kisses..blah blah blah and not even a hello or happy easter to me. I am sorry but right before i checked the mail i sent an easter card from all of us to all of them wishing them a happy easter. this is small but evil. my sister said that she is just being really tacky. which is true but i am trying sooo hard not to just pick up the phone and SCREAM at her.

NOTE: before i left there house she acted like there was never a problem between the two of us and now she wants to be a jerk. i am fifty-fifty on being hurt and mad. i could have made a big deal about the stuff above but i chose not to. now i wish i did..and probably will.

i know this might not make sense i missed some good stuff too i am just soo annoyed and i have to wait for my husband to call me since i cant just call him.

March 18th, 2008, 12:55 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Tasha! Welcome to the board! I'm Stephanne, one of the co-hosts on this board.

I'm sorry that you are being taken advantage of and then slighted. That's not very nice of her to ignore you with the card. Although, my son gets holiday cards adressed to only him from my family sometimes and nothing for us. I can hope that she didn't mean anything by it, but it sounds like it's possible that it was intentional. I'm sorry that you have to deal with all this while your DH is so far away. Hugs to you! Come vent any time!

April 10th, 2008, 10:54 AM
i got such a nice ecard easter morning..haha.
April 10th, 2008, 07:25 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL that is so tacky!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search