question about thyroid disorders and m/c

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ok i have lots of q's today---during my first pg, i was tested right away and had my dosage increased....had a perfectly healthy pregnancy.

during my 2nd pg, i am not sure if i was tested at my OB's in the beginning...i just can't remember. but i do know that i had a regularly scheduled appt to be tested at my thyroid doc's office...i was 12 weeks pg and surprised all the girls in the office, no one there knew i was pg. so, as i was getting tested there, i got a call on my cell from my OB saying my bloodwork from the previous day indicated i was m/c'ing the baby. i never put two and two together...but now i wonder, could it have been b/c i wasn't tested and my dosage was not increased at the beginning of the pg? my OB could not explain to me why i m/c'd. I asked lots of q's.....(but never considered it to be related to my thyroid probs) i had a tilted uterus...he said that was not the cause.....i was taking antidepressants (but stopped when i got my BFP) he said that was not the cause. I really don't like not knowing, and feel like it will always remain a mystery.

My current pg, I went to my thyroid doc for the initial pg test (b/c it was easier to go there than my OB's and so I was tested RIGHT away and have had my dosage increased 3x in my first trimester. I'm now almost 14 weeks and everything seems fine so far. All the more reason for me to suspect this may have played a role in my previous m/c..........

any thoughts/opinions?

September 20th, 2009, 06:00 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond... I had a migraine when we got home from church so I've been napping! Good news though... I feel much better now!

It def could be the cause but please don't let yourself go there, sweetie! My levels were monitored closely during my recent pg & I m/c-ed at 11 wks ANYWAY. My dr said it was most likely chromosomal so it very well could have been caused by something OTHER than your thyroid.

Here's an article I found on it... pregnancy and thyroid

I'm so sorry for your m/c but hope you have a H&H 9 months!!!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
September 23rd, 2009, 05:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
that's what my OB said all..."most cases at this stage are caused by chromosomal defects..." but i have always questioned. thanks for the link, off to read.
September 23rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I also just thought that could it have been a progesterone defect? I've been considering that my last m/c might have been just that. I think my progesterone may have started off fine but went haywire somewhere along the way. I already know I have a progesterone defect after I O that I had to use Clomid for. Anyway, here's more info on that if you want it... http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...gesterone.html

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search