Not very happy!

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2009, 08:33 PM
mom2nate
So I have been having some leg pains for like a month so I finally gave in and went to my family dr on Friday. She gave me a muscle relaxer to help. I took one (I did not read the paper with the script first) and about 1/2 hour after I took it bam...crazy heart rate, chest pain, pain down my left arm. I read the paper and look online and guess what...do not take Flexeril if you have hyperthyroidism!!! I was ticked. So I called my dr and she said go to the ER. So off I go. They were concerned it was a blood clot so I got to have a chest xray (normal), ekg (normal), blood test (d dimer came back high) so I got to get a ct scan of my lungs to check for a clot (negative, after the iv blew and injected dye into my arm and burned like a mother). So everything was negative but I had to go back this morning and get an ultrasound of the deep veins in my leg since I have been having leg pain for a while (negative for clots). So basically there's no real reason they know of for the d dimer test to have been high.

My main gripe is why did the **** dr. give me that stupid muscle relaxer knowing I am hyper? I just told her at the appt. that I feel like I am in hyper overdrive lately from the RAI at the beginning of the month and she writes me a script for this stuff? I talked to her this morning before I left the hospital and she said to call her immediately if anything changes before Monday w/o hesitation and to call her on Monday to let her know how I'm doing....it sounded to me like maybe she knew she screwed up. She's normally a really great dr. but this just makes me wonder.

Sorry for the long ramblings....had to vent!!!
September 27th, 2009, 12:43 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2nate View Post
My main gripe is why did the **** dr. give me that stupid muscle relaxer knowing I am hyper?
My thoughts exactly!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
September 27th, 2009, 12:56 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I ditto that!!!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twins!!!

September 29th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you had to go through all that! The doc should've known to check. Unfortunately a lot of them don't seem to know about drug interactions & contraindications. Now, whenever I'm prescribed anything I ask if there are any issues with the thyroid, even if it is something that does not seem like it would effect it at all.
I hope your leg feels better soon and they can find some kind of cause for it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search