Dr Appt

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2009, 07:45 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
All she told me was my level came back at "22" when under "4 is normal".

She asked me if I was taking my meds, I said yes (time of day does vary and I may miss a day here and there sometimes but never days on end) and I told her that since may/june I've been having irregular cycles and noticing hypo symptoms again - puffy eyelids in the morning, choking sensation, no energy/libido, gained back 10lbs it took me a year to loose.

Dr put me at 175 from 125 mcg of Levo which I started last week and honestly already am starting to feel better.

She is sending me for a Thyroid ultrasound and told me to call an Endo in the network and get on the 3 month waiting list for an appt. In the mean time I redo-blood work at the end of this month and if it's not leveled out she'll send me to the Endo, if it is leveling off than I'll just cancel and we'll test again in December.

My triglycerides (cholesterol) was 320! It was elevated when I was first diagnosed and came down to 170 when I leveled off a year ago. My weight is steady at 148 and my blood sugar is normal so there's no reason other than the Hypo for it to be so high.

Crazy stuff. I'm not sure what to think. It's just a waiting game to see how things work out and how the results end up. I guess I'll know more in a month.

Last edited by *Cyndee*; October 5th, 2009 at 07:47 AM.
October 5th, 2009, 12:31 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I'm thinking they need to up your meds for sure. You may want to try using a compounding pharmacy so that you're not just taking all T4. I know all about the lack of weight loss and that's generally associated with low T3, so you will need to be supplemented with that too.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
Anastasia (13)- C/S 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"
Noah (11)- C/S 8lbs 12oz, 19"
Oliver (5)- VBA2C 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C 9lbs 12oz, 22" born sleeping
at 39w pg due to thrombophelia; Protein C def, Factor V Leiden , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14)lost at 16w- 3VBA2C 2.5oz, 6"
~WTTC until fall of 2014~
October 5th, 2009, 01:33 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ Ditto! I hope it all gets worked out soon & you're back to feeling like your old self again!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
October 6th, 2009, 10:22 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Thanks ladies!
I go for the ultrasound on Thursday but most likely wont' get the results until the end November 3.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search