Finally im not taking the baby's dose anymore

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This new doctor im seeing gave me 50 mg of Synthroid to begin with.My TSH was 4 and even tho he said its normal, when i told him i want it bellow 3 he prescribed 50 mg instead of the 12.5 and the 25 my obgyn was giving me.
He said the dose i was taking isnt enough not even for babies, but also said that Kalina's making her own thyroid hormone for long now and i should be fine.

He also gave me iron supplements to take ( yep i know - 3-4 h after my Synthroid hehe ) because im anemic.
Unlike him my obgyn didnt even check my blood for this.She only sends me for the TSH and thats all..
this new doc, however didnt refer me to endo,he says its not necessary coz its not like there r these huge fluctuations of the tsh and he can handle it.If my next results come 20 then yes, i should see one but for now he believes its all caused by my pregnancy OR it's just might be normal for me.

Nothing worrisome he says, i will try to believe lol

Thanks for reading ladies.I just wanted to give lil update
November 3rd, 2009, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad your appointment went well. Iron supplements can cause constipation; I've found that a stool softener like Colace can work wonders in that department (and is safe for use during pregnancy).
I know it's hard, but don't worry about your TSH. Both my endo and my perinatologist told me not to worry about my TSH being low, that a lot of times they can't get it to normal during pregnancy and that is fine. Even with the free T3 & T4 they don't aim for dead center but instead aim for high normal or low normal - the lowest dose they can give you and still get the free T's in range.
I hope the increase in meds and iron supplement will give you more energy!
November 4th, 2009, 05:18 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! Sounds like a good appt & a good dr!!!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
November 4th, 2009, 05:45 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I agree, try to relax through the rest of your pregnancy and get check out as part of your post partum care. There is a lot going on during pregnancy that makes it hard to regulate. But if you do end up with PP Hypo, staying aggressive can really help you have more energy in dealing with a newborn and even help you avoid PPDepression. Good luck!

November 6th, 2009, 10:27 PM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks girls
I have to agree that pregnancy changes lot of stuff.My blood test results never looked worse and surprisingly enough no one seems very worried about it lol
The iron supplement works for now.Im not constipated.On the contrary-my stool is more lose (sorry if TMI lol).I know its strange but its what happened when i first started my prenatal.
The Synthroid dose seems to work as well.Im not tired during the day but i do have difficult falling asleep and heart palpation time to time, but i can tolerate it.

My obgyn doesnt know that my GP changed my Synthroid dose, and honestly i dont care if she;s not ok with it.Im sure if it was her,she would give me 25 & 50 mg -alternate the dose again instead of start with 50.Anyhow,she didnt even bother to tell me my results even tho i know the TSH is probably high and im anemic.Oh,well ..

Have a nice weekend everybody
November 8th, 2009, 06:51 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Cyndee* View Post
I agree, try to relax through the rest of your pregnancy and get check out as part of your post partum care. There is a lot going on during pregnancy that makes it hard to regulate. But if you do end up with PP Hypo, staying aggressive can really help you have more energy in dealing with a newborn and even help you avoid PPDepression. Good luck!
YAY for a good appt!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twins!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search