Went to endo yesterday

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My TSH is still low - 0.063 (range is 0.45-4.5). Free T3 is 2.5 (range is 2.0-4.4) and Free T4 is 0.96 (range is 0.82-1.77). So I'm happy about that. My gestational diabetes is still diet-controlled, and my A1c was 5.5 so I'm really happy about that, as that is not even a diabetic number. I'm still a bit anemic and have to work on that. I also had some other things that were a little low - creatinine, calcium, protein & albumin - which the endo was confused by and wanted me to show my values to my perinatologist & OB at my next appointments. Those things can be indicative of malnutrition or kidney/liver problems, but when I looked it up on-line they all said that low values can be caused by pregnancy. My ALT & AST were fine so I don't think it's liver problems, and I know it's not malnutrition so I'm not worried, I'm just going to make sure I take my calcium supplements, and to try to up my protein intake a bit too (although that may be difficult, as I eat a lot of protein as it is being on the GD diet!)
At my next appointment my endo is going to test my antibody levels to see where they are at - is there some kind of concern about having high antibody levels during the end of pregnancy or during labor? I know thyroid storm is a concern during labor for hypers, but I'll be having a C-section so there should be no problem there. I'll talk to my peri about it at my next appt. I don't know what they would do if my antibody levels were high, maybe they would have to treat the baby or something? The antibodies do cross the placenta.
November 24th, 2009, 08:44 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
With your TSH that low I am wondering why your FT3 and FT4's aren't in the high end of normal as they should be. What meds are you on?? I would skip the antibody test until at least 6w PP b/c pg can throw things off. It has no effect on anything in pg or even PP as far as I know. I have high antibodies and it only means I have an autoimmune disease.... has no bearing on how they would treat you or the baby. I don't see a benefit of doing the test right now. JMO!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twins!!!

November 24th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
^ I am on 50mg of propylthiouracil (PTU) once a day. I was taking it three times a day, then as my TSH slowly crept up I was lowered to twice a day, but that was giving me low T3 & T4's so now I am just on one dose. Don't know why my TSH is so weird; my endo told me she just isn't going to try to normalize it, and will just focus on the free T's, especially since I don't have any hyper symptoms. My TSH was low with my last pregnancy too, but my T's were fine. I have the antibodies for both Graves' and Hashi's, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it?

I looked up on-line about testing antibodies in the third trimester. One site said "Antibodies should be checked in Graves' patients in the 3rd trimester, because high titers are correlated with neonatal hyperthyroidism".

Last edited by bearbait; November 24th, 2009 at 10:59 AM.
November 25th, 2009, 07:00 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea honestly myself but wanted to wish you good luck!!! Can I also ask... I've never heard of a thyroid storm, what is that?

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
November 25th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
^ Thanks! Thyroid storm is pretty rare but can be deadly. It's when there are huge amounts of thyroid hormone, which can be caused by trauma or infection - or labor. I think only hyper's have to worry about it.
Fun stuff, the thyroid

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search