The 50 mcg of Synthroid..

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2009, 04:57 AM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
helped !!!
I saw my family doctor yesterday and my blood test results were in.The TSH dropped from 4.3 to 2.3 !
He won't send me to an endo now,this is sure,but I'll check my levels once I give birth and if needed I'll see one then.I was told to continue the same dose.
I'm seeing the new obgyn on Tuesday so I'll ask him if the level is enough low or he wants me to up the meds.

The bad news is that even after a month of taking iron supplement,I'm still anemic.Now it's actually worst then before
I'm taking 2 supplements of iron daily.So around 600 mcg??
Plus I add Vitamin 12 supplement.
So now I'm taking Synthroid,prenatals,prenatal omega with DHA,iron supplements and B12 !
My stomach isn't happy..

Any tricks to improve my red blood count?

Thanks for reading and hope ur having a great weekend.
Lana
December 5th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad your numbers are getting better!!
Sorry that the anemia is getting worse. One thing to keep in mind is that calcium inhibits the absorption of iron, so make sure you do not eat or drink any dairy when you take your iron pills or eat iron-rich foods (and don't take it with your prenatal, since it will have calcium in it). Citrus aids in the absorption of iron, so drinking a glass of orange juice with your iron tablet can help. Your body can only absorb so much iron at one time, so make sure that you take your tablets far apart from each other. Also, try adding some citrus to your high-iron meals - mix some bell peppers into your spinach, have a glass of OJ with your steak, eat strawberries for dessert when you have beef.
A lot of cereals are iron-fortified, so try eating some cereal for a snack - but don't put any milk on it! Toasted Oatmeal Squares have a lot of iron and taste great by themselves and make a good portable snack for when you are on the go (lol, I sound like an adverstisement!)
Good luck!! If all those iron pills give you constipation, I have some tips for fixing that too
December 5th, 2009, 11:42 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
Sorry that the anemia is getting worse. One thing to keep in mind is that calcium inhibits the absorption of iron, so make sure you do not eat or drink any dairy when you take your iron pills or eat iron-rich foods (and don't take it with your prenatal, since it will have calcium in it). Citrus aids in the absorption of iron, so drinking a glass of orange juice with your iron tablet can help. Your body can only absorb so much iron at one time, so make sure that you take your tablets far apart from each other. Also, try adding some citrus to your high-iron meals - mix some bell peppers into your spinach, have a glass of OJ with your steak, eat strawberries for dessert when you have beef.
A lot of cereals are iron-fortified, so try eating some cereal for a snack - but don't put any milk on it! Toasted Oatmeal Squares have a lot of iron and taste great by themselves and make a good portable snack for when you are on the go (lol, I sound like an adverstisement!)
Good luck!! If all those iron pills give you constipation, I have some tips for fixing that too
Ditto!!!

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
Anastasia (13)- C/S 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"
Noah (11)- C/S 8lbs 12oz, 19"
Oliver (5)- VBA2C 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13) -2VBA2C 9lbs 12oz, 22" born sleeping
at 39w pg due to thrombophelia; Protein C def, Factor V Leiden , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) - 3VBA2C 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w
Praying for our rainbow baby coming in March!

December 6th, 2009, 06:19 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad the 50 mg is working!!! Have no idea about the anemia but it sounds like Rachel really knows her stuff!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
December 7th, 2009, 05:45 AM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
Thanks for the advice
Now,PLS give me those anti-constipation tips lol I didnt have a problem until i doubled the dose. :S

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search