Qotd, 12/7

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2009, 03:26 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What sort of Christmas/Holiday traditions do you have???

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
December 8th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Christmas Eve we always go to my grandmother's for a big family dinner. It's HUGE! Growing up we used to drive around & look at Christmas lights afterwards but now since we live 1.5 hours away we just look at lights on a different night. I also watch the Nativity Story on Christmas day. I started, just last year, making a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas too!

Oh, & we watch The Nativity Story every year too!

Rick Warren

December 8th, 2009, 05:26 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Nothing really. When we were kids, we'd have lunch at home with my mom's family and dinner at an uncle's house with dad's family. That hasn't happened in years. (Well, we still do lunch at my parents', but not "everyone" is there because we've all grown up, moved away, and have extended family to see as well.)
December 10th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The weekend before Christmas we always get together with DH's sisters and their families to celebrate with my FIL. On Christmas Eve we go to church with my MIL and sometimes DH's sisters and their families; usually we go to my MIL's church for it but this year and last year we went to our own. On Christmas day we open presents - I'm thinking three for each kid, since that is how many Jesus got. Then after that we go to my MIL's, and my SILs and their families go too. There is usually a big brunch, then we give the kids naps there and have a big dinner and open presents.
We've also started having the kids pick out a toy to give to Toys for Tots.

Amanda - my parent's church does a birthday cake for Jesus every Christmas Eve. My church had a baby shower for Jesus this year! It was for the kids. Everyone was supposed to bring a baby gift for charity. Such a cute idea, I wish we'd been able to attend.

Last edited by bearbait; December 10th, 2009 at 08:51 AM.
December 10th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
The weekend before Christmas we always get together with DH's sisters and their families to celebrate with my FIL. On Christmas Eve we go to church with my MIL and sometimes DH's sisters and their families; usually we go to my MIL's church for it but this year and last year we went to our own. On Christmas day we open presents - I'm thinking three for each kid, since that is how many Jesus got. Then after that we go to my MIL's, and my SILs and their families go too. There is usually a big brunch, then we give the kids naps there and have a big dinner and open presents.
We've also started having the kids pick out a toy to give to Toys for Tots.

Amanda - my parent's church does a birthday cake for Jesus every Christmas Eve. My church had a baby shower for Jesus this year! It was for the kids. Everyone was supposed to bring a baby gift for charity. Such a cute idea, I wish we'd been able to attend.
So where did you learn that Jesus only got 3 presents? That's interesting! I never knew that!

Awww what a sweet idea!

Rick Warren

December 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~InHisHands~ View Post
So where did you learn that Jesus only got 3 presents? That's interesting! I never knew that!

Awww what a sweet idea!
The 3 wise men each brought Him a gift - frankensence, myrrh, and something else that pregnancy brain is keeping me from remembering
December 10th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I JUST thought about that... I feel so stupid now!!! IDK, it just hit me... the 3 wise men. Duh!

Rick Warren

December 11th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
^ The third present is gold. Can't believe I forgot the easiest one! I had to ask my mom what it was last night

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search