What was your first clue?

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2010, 05:05 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
Last night I was rocking my little one and he moved just right where my throat hurt.....then all day today it's been super tender.

It's not internal like it would be for strep and there's nothing red on the outside, but there's definitely a bump in the area that my thyroid is (based on anatomy images I found online).

It "hurts" to swallow, not pain, more discomfort.

thoughts?

January 13th, 2010, 05:13 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Def sounds like a possible goiter to me or even a nodule but I can tell you that I personally had a goiter (all that means is your thyroid is enlarged/swollen). I got these funny feelings in my throat & like you I had discomfort when swallowing, not really pain. It went away after being prescribed some thyroid hormone replacement. Have you been checked for thyroid problems? I think you should be, if not? If you are though I would highly recommend getting Free T3 & Free T4 tested along with your TSH. Most dr's only test TSH so you will have to specifically ask/find a dr willing to test the free's.

Actually what led me to really believe I was hypo was my BBT, not my throat. Here's a risk/symptoms checklist that might help you... Hypothyroidism Risk/Symptoms Checklist

BTW, I'm Amanda.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
January 13th, 2010, 07:05 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
My first clue was 0 energy, unable to get well or feel well - continued sinus infections, no sex drive, looking like crap, feeling worse.

I had something like what you describe in Nov. Painful swallowing like something was choking me. It freaked me out. It was 2-3 days before my neck CT scan to check on nodules found in an US - which came back normal. My DR felt it and said my thyroid was not enlarged. It felt better in 2 days on it's own. If it lasts past Friday I'd make an appt and get it checked out.

January 18th, 2010, 05:12 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
thyroid hasn't been checked for a while and that link? wow, like most of it applies. i've been attributing a lot of it to having had HJ last year (and a transfusion), but now I think back and most of the symptoms were there before even getting pg.

I've got an actual sore throat now. Friday I was still feeling tender. I can remember being in my dh's car with a hooded sweatshirt on and feeling like it was choking me. I'm calling tomorrow

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search