My FNA Biopsy

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Jenny Lee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my fine needle aspiration thyroid biopsy procedure on Wednesday. It took longer than expected. It's normally about a 15 minute procedure, but it took about 40 minutes. My endocrinologist extracted 9 samples from 2 different nodules (size 3.3 cm solid and 2.? cm cystic). The pain was worse than I expected. The numbing spray they put on your skin before hand does absolutely nothing. I think it's just for the doc to feel better. The second (smaller) nodule was really deep and under a muscle and right next to my carotid artery apparently. Wow, that hurts! The recovery went much smoother than I expected so that was good. Today I have just a little bit of discomfort left. I didn't bleed hardly at all, and I barely have a bruise. I asked my endo before we began what percentage of the biopsies she's done have come back with inconclusive results, she said about 20%. But after the biopsy she told me that she thinks she got some really good samples, and it's unlikely we will need to repeat. She will have the results in about 10 days at which time she will call me and set up an appointment for me to come into the office again. She doesn't like to give results over the telephone. I guess that makes sense. I'll let you know...

January 30th, 2010, 03:04 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, wow! Glad it went pretty well though it sounds rough! Yeah, def KUP.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
February 8th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Jenny Lee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My endo has the results from my biopsy. She called this morning. I have an appointment on Friday morning to discuss them. I'll keep you posted...

February 8th, 2010, 12:07 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Hoping for good results!!!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twins!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search