Sorry ladies,been MIA

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2010, 05:46 AM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello ladies :]
I hope everyone's doing fine.I haven't posted in awhile as i was having some pc issues and then i my lil girl arrived so i'm busy figuring out how to be a mommy lol

Kalina was born on the 14th of Feb.I was induced but thanks to God the labor and the pushing stage lasted only 5 and a half hours which isn 't bad for first,"not engaged" baby - iwas told :]

I haven't checked my TSH or T4 levels for awhile.I figured out that once it dropped under 3 it will stay there so my obgyn didn't send me for any blood tests.
I'm 13 days ppl now and still taking the Synthroid.One doc told me i should stop and wait until the test at 6 weeks but other told me to take it in mean time.
what would u suggest?did u stop taking the meds once u gave birth or u continued until the check up?
I give breast milk to my girl and i know it goes in it,so i'm not sure what to do.

Thanks for reading :] i'll come back to posting once i figure out how to manage my new responsabilities and obligations :]
March 1st, 2010, 06:54 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lana!!! She's GORGEOUS & don't worry about being MIA... with a new baby around, we def understand. I've been MIA a little more than I would have liked myself... mostly b/c the other board that I co-host is busy, busy, busy & I can barely keep up with these 2 boards.

I think I'd probably continue taking it myself & if the test comes back hyper when you take it then you can cut back on the dose or even discontinue it completely. As far as breast milk... don't worry. All you are doing is replacing the hormone that your body should be making naturally so it is perfectly okay that it is in the breast milk. I think hyper has to worry more about this than we do. KUP on all things Kalina! (BEAUTIFUL name, BTW!)

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
March 1st, 2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the replay Amanda I'll continue taking the hormone.The last test was 2.3 i believe so not too bad.I'll go for another test soon.My fear is that my TSH is back to normal since i gave birth and i'm "overdosing" Kalina with the hormone.
It won't harm her,right ?
Glad u like the name
March 2nd, 2010, 04:41 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think so but please don't quote me on that... I haven't experienced hypo after giving birth & breastfeeding so I'm going to PM a couple of ladies who might be better able to answer your questions & make you feel better. I did Google it & found someone who went hyper while BFing & it didn't affect her NB so I *think* it'd be fine. I'd just be sure to get your levels checked within about 6 wks PP.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
March 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Popping in for a sec...

I was hypo with my first, but I didn't know it yet. I wasn't able to BF at all. No supply. I was on Armour with the 2nd, but I chose not to BF because (1) I assumed I wouldn't be able to again... although it turned out I had an abundant supply... LOL and (2) I was taking other meds the 2nd time around that I didn't want to pass to him.

I was told to continue taking mine during BF (before we knew I'd also be on other meds). You'll need to be tested at 4-6 weeks ppd and then again at around 12-16 wks ppd. Otherwise, don't worry about it. It takes a long time for your hormones to go back to normal.
March 2nd, 2010, 09:39 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Do not stop taking the meds (which are perfectly safe while BFing BTW) or it can seriously effect your milk. Congrats on your sweet baby!!! We've been BFing for 10+mos now and will probably for another 6mos to a year or so. You really need to be sure both your free T3 and free T4 are at the high end of normal. Ignore what your TSH is. PM me if you need to.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

March 3rd, 2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks girls :]
As i said i fear that my TSH has dropped and i'm harming my baby.They will retest my levels at 6 week pp but this is 3 weeks away.No one said anything about stopping the supplement so iwas super confused.
Thanks again for the replays.I guess that my hormones r still messed up and it's best to continue taking the pill.
March 5th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Me again hehe :]
I read few articles online about being hypo on synthroid and bf.They all say it's perfectly safe but there is this one article stats that after delivery i should return to the prepregnancy dose.
I'm taking 0.05? i'm not sure lol but i wasn't taking anything nor had thyroid problem before pregnancy.
Any thoughts on this one?
March 5th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Oh i forgot to add,my levels weren't checked after delivery..
March 6th, 2010, 08:03 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I didn't develop hypo until after I had DS1, so it's pretty common for the trigger to be pregnancy. I was 3mos PP and had gained 15lbs since birth, slept 14hrs a day, lost a bunch of hair and could barely function.... meanwhile, I had a 2.5yo DD to take care of on top of a NB. Don't go by what was going on before as any indication. I HIGHLY recommend getting tested as soon as you can!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

March 7th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I got my last result before i gave birth.The TSH was 1.I cut the dose in half.I won't be able to go for blood test in the next 3 weeks.I'm feeling pretty good thoThe obgyn i saw in the hospital told me to stop all meds until my 6 weeks check up so they can see if i have thyroid problem or not. :S
March 8th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Regular
Hello,
Congratulations on your new addition! She is a beautiful baby!! I've been hypo for 8 or 9 years now. I've had 4 babies while being hypo. I breastfed all of them but the last 2 only for a few weeks by choice. When I had my babies, they doctor told me to stay on the same dosage until the first blood test/appointment and they they would adjust it them. I didn't have supply issues and my oldest of the 4 is 7 now and healthy. So, I would suggest you stay on the same dosage until your appointment. Good luck with the new baby and let us know if you have any other problems - baby or thyroid .

Krista

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search