Question about my numbers and ttc

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2010, 10:05 AM
brandimomof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am seeing a RE right now and he thinks that my thyroid doc is over treating me. My numbers are TSH 0.12,T4 1.20 and he didnt test the T3 but the last time I had it tested it was 2.82 which was just earlier this month. I am on 30 mg of Armour and he said I needed to lower it to 15mg. I am really nervous because the last time I had it lowered I was pg and had a miscarriage a week later.

I dont know a whole lot about what my numbers should be but I do know when your on Thyroid meds that the tsh will be lower.

I am having issues getting pg and I want to do everything I can to see that I get pg but am worried he is wrong about lowering my meds. I know my other doc I have been seeing for my thyroid would disagree with him lowering it. I just dont know what to do.

Any ideas?

May 1st, 2010, 10:13 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
How do you feel? I do think your TSH is a little too low, however without the Free T3 and Free T4, I can't say for sure if your meds are too high. The difference between 15mg and 30mg shouldn't raise your TSH and lower your thyroid hormone so much that it would cause a m/c. My RE wanted my TSH between 1-2 and my free's on the high end of normal. I don't think it would hurt to try the adjustment and retest in 30 days. *2 cents* BTW.....
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

May 2nd, 2010, 09:03 PM
brandimomof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. I have been trying it the last few days. The only thing is that is really hard to half those tiny 30 mg pills. So who knows if I am getting the right amount. I wonder if taking one 30 mg pill every other day would be the same as only taking half everyday. Anyone know?

Oh and the numbers above for the t4 and t3 are the frees.

May 2nd, 2010, 09:47 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I wouldn't do that. Honestly, it's best to take 1/2 the dose every 12hrs. It's because by the time 24hrs has passed, most of the meds have made their rounds. Naturethroid has a line down the middle of the pill and I very easy can split it with my fingers (I take 90mg and have 60mg pills). I also crush it and swallow it rather than taking it whole. It's so yucky, but works best that way. The only thing I didn't like about Armour, was that when I would attempt to split the pill, it would crumble. Maybe you can crush it and split what's crushed into 2. It won't be exact but it won't matter TOO much since you still will have 30mg every other day. Hope that made sense.

ETA: 1.20 is your Free T4 number?? Do you know the lab range?
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

Last edited by The Purple Butterfly; May 2nd, 2010 at 09:56 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search