Introducing myself

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Hi everyone

My name is Sam and I have been lurking here for a while. I want to thank you for such wonderful information. MY RE refused to do more than just a TSH blood draw, so I went to someone else and am now getting a full thyroid panel. I just went today-- so I hope to have the test results back soon. I am hoping you will help me decider them and tell me how bad things really are.

I have been TTC for 18 cycles. I had an early loss in January and started to temp shortly after. It was then I realized that my temps are almost an entire degree lower than they should be. I recently started to see a fertility acupuncturist who looked at my chart and felt I had progesterone deficiencies ( I had suspected that) and I started bio identical progesterone a few days ago.

So I am anxiously waiting on my blood work

Has anyone charted while ttc and had temps as low as mine??
May 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
First !! Second, I have never seen temps that low!! I've charted for years. Took us 19 active/charting cycles and 4mos of fertility treatments (IUI/Femara) to get pg with Oliver. I also had to be on progesterone my whole 1st tri (as I believe Chrystal did too). It's pretty common for those with hypo. Let us know what your b/w comes back as.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
Anastasia (13)- C/S 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"
Noah (11)- C/S 8lbs 12oz, 19"
Oliver (5)- VBA2C 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C 9lbs 12oz, 22" born sleeping
at 39w pg due to thrombophelia; Protein C def, Factor V Leiden , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14)lost at 16w- 3VBA2C 2.5oz, 6"
~WTTC until fall of 2014~
May 7th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I am on my 18th cycle. I really don't want to get a Hypothyroid diagnosis-- but it would make sense and at least help me figure out what I need to do to get my BFP.

I know my temps are so super freaking low-- as you can see they are consistently low and I have used 3 BBT's. In fact I used to use 2 every AM to make sure they were saying about the same thing.

I'll KUP with my numbers-- I am sitting here staring at my cell-- waiting for it to ring.
May 11th, 2010, 05:15 PM
K these are my test results

TSH 1.25
Thyroxine ( t4) 7.1
T3 uptake 28
Free Thyroxine Index 2.

Hope I got the right tests. However my progesterone 8 dpo was only 6.9 so it looks like my diagnosis is estrogen dominance--- low progesterone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search