question

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2010, 09:20 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ran out of my levothyroxine 3 days ago, but didn't want to refill till I got my blood work done because I was sure my doctor was going to change my mcg (I was still on the high dose 200mcg from my pregnancy that ended 7 weeks ago)...So I skipped 2 days and got my bloodwork back yesterday and they said my thyroid levels are high and they are changing it to 175mcg...Well today I woke up sick and I don't feel like going out...I wonder if my levels are high if it would be fine for me to skip another day? Another thing I was thinking of...The last few weeks when i've been on 200mcg while not pregnant i've noticed 2 things, my hair stopped falling out and I haven't been cold all the time..I wonder if that's because my levels were higher? I have an appointment with my doctor on June 9th, but i hate to bring that up...I told him last time I came in that I was so cold all the time, and my hair was falling out in handfuls and he said it must of been from something else and not my thyroid, so I hate to even tell him anything.

May 28th, 2010, 07:22 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You need to find out what your numbers are, and see how off they really are. If you are "high" with TSH then they shouldn't be lowering your dose. What labs are they drawing? Will you share them with us so we can see and maybe give some insight?

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 2nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
It's been a while since i've been here, but I think they test me for everything...TSH, Some thing free? I'm still not up on all this thyroid stuff...I went to the OB today and he went threw all my thyriod bloodwork and it was like 7 or 8 things...They also test me for a tumor producing hormone too, which I don't have...I should start asking for my numbers and what they test me for...I'm getting another draw again in 3 weeks, I think i'll ask the nurse then...From what I was told from my draw 2 days ago my numbers are all great.

July 3rd, 2010, 04:57 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
You need to find out what your numbers are, and see how off they really are. If you are "high" with TSH then they shouldn't be lowering your dose. What labs are they drawing? Will you share them with us so we can see and maybe give some insight?
I would call them & ask for a copy of your lab report. I always get mine... always. And my RE LOVES that... I carried my binder with all my past lab reports in it & he said I get bonus points! They need to be testing Free T3 and Free T4 along with your TSH. Actually my endo said something very similar to yours about my hair falling out... well, actually when I told him it was falling out he said, "well, it's just gonna be thinner now [that my thyroid is fixed & my levels are normal]". I decided that was not going to do since I've talked to him about testing my Free T3 & he refused. I went to another dr & she tested my Free T3 which was of course low so she gave me some T3 along with Synthroid & that helped... my hair quit falling out. I have since switched to Armour. HTHs. GL & KUP.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
July 4th, 2010, 10:28 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I ditto Amanda and Meghan. Get the actual numbers. My hair has started falling out again. I'm going to go tomorrow or Tuesday to get my levels checked. I'd never recommend stopping your meds.... esp not while pg.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

July 12th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the info, i'll start to get my numbers on everything from now on...BTW I wasn't pregnant when I wrote this post, and I did go a couple days without my thyriod meds, but that was the only time...I haven't missed one since being pregnant...Oh and my hair isn't falling out anymore, so is that a good sign? I am getting cold again though.

July 12th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganMomof5 View Post
Oh and my hair isn't falling out anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganMomof5 View Post
I am getting cold again though.

Rick Warren

July 14th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Regular
It could just be your body getting back to normal after having a baby. Hormones seem to go screwy then. It takes me awhile to get back to normal - I think they recheck me at 3 months but wouldn't swear to it.

You know, they've never check my T3 free or T4 free. They only do TSH and T4 here and say it's enough. They once checked my antibodies and found them high but wouldn't do anything about it. Said they weren't high enough. Don't get it!!
July 15th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhere View Post
You know, they've never check my T3 free or T4 free. They only do TSH and T4 here and say it's enough. They once checked my antibodies and found them high but wouldn't do anything about it. Said they weren't high enough. Don't get it!!
I don't think most dr's HERE test it either... I had to find a dr who was willing to do it. Selennium will help lower your antibodies... it did for me & Stacey.

Rick Warren

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search