new here... will have surgery soon... alot of things going on with my thyroid!

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to megs_babe1986
Hello! I am new on this board but not new with all the thyroid stuff...
I have hashimottos disease since I was 4 and the results of it is I developed hypothyroidism. Well I been fighting that for years and through both of my pregnancy. They checked my levels in June and it was normal... then they did an ultrasound on it to make sure everything is ok. Well they found a mass that was not filled with fluid... ugh was my thoughts! Any ways they did a biopsy and found out it was a solid tumor. It is as big as a walnut. They schedule surgery for me in a week and a half! My doctor also told me the tumor is putting stress on my thyroid... and its also putting stress on my metabolism and energy. So the last few weeks I have no energy and can not loose weight ugh! So ready for this thing to come out... and the bad thing is I think the tumor is getting bigger... which is putting more stress on my body. And I also found out its not typical for this to happen to a hashimottos disease patient... the good news is the results came back begnin but they still are going to do another biopsy when they get it out... just in case.
Thank u all for letting me vent... it feels so good! Has anybody else been through a similar situation?

oh and I am not pregnant.. have not deleted the sigi yet since my lil girl was born lol!

September 11th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i didnt have anything on my thyroid but I did have it removed (it was enlarged and overactive). The surgery was not bad and the recover was quick. I still hate the scar but my doc did a really good job with it so its not that noticeable.

The hypo after the removal has been a horrible roller coaster of ups and downs for my levels. Still working on getting things regulated 2.5 years after removal (3.5 yrs after diagnosis).
September 12th, 2010, 08:50 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had thyroid cancer and had my thyroid removed on September 23rd of last year...I'm sure it's different for everyone...I'm not going to lie, it was painful afterwards, but i'd say the bad pain didn't last more than a week...I was in the hospital for 3 days...I got my stitches out a week after my surgery and a year later my scar looks great! it's not noticable at all...I'll probably take a picture and post it with my after surgery pictures soon...Since i've had my thyroid out my levels have been very good...I've had my meds go up and down a few times due to pregnancy...I haven't gained any weight since my thyroid was removed, but I also didn't lose weight...Recently i've been trying to lose weight and for the first time in years it's actually coming off!!! and I'm feeling better than I have in a long time...Good luck and i hope I didn't scare you...I did a lot of reading before my surgery and some people said it was painful, some not...One thing that helped after my surgery is I bought one of those reading pillows, the kind where you can lay on while your sitting up and used that to help me sleep...it's very painful to lay down and move your neck for the first week.

September 16th, 2010, 01:46 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
First, Congrats on the pg!! I've never dealt with that but there a handful of mamas here who have. I hope that your recovery is smooth. Please KUP!

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
Anastasia (13)- C/S 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"
Noah (11)- C/S 8lbs 12oz, 19"
Oliver (5)- VBA2C 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13) -2VBA2C 9lbs 12oz, 22" born sleeping
at 39w pg due to thrombophelia; Protein C def, Factor V Leiden , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) - 3VBA2C 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w
Praying for our rainbow baby coming in March!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search