My TSH is now .1

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In June it was less than .1

It's now exactly .1. All my other levels are fine but the doc didn't say what they are. Anyway she says I'm on too much Synthroid and I need to decrease but here's the thing I'm sleepy ALL THE TIME and I have no energy. If I were on too much Synthroid wouldn't I be more wired up and energetic?

She said I can either stay where I'm at and recheck in 6 weeks or decrease and recheck in 6 weeks. I'm not sure what to do b/c I have also have thyroid eye disease and I don't wan't that to worsen any. One of my eyes bulges out b/c the muscles were damaged from my thyroid.

September 19th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmmmm
if you were at less than .1 before you wouldnt want to add synthyroid that would make your numbers go even lower (more hyper). Im confused....were you already on synthyroid or did they start you on synthyroid when your levels were that low? When your levels are low (the range is 0.3 - 3.0, where .3 is hyper and 3.0 is hypo) you wouldnt want to add synthyroid you would either want to decrease synthyroid that you are already taking, or if you arent on anything yet you would go on an antithyroid like PTU.

If you were already on synthyroid and its that low you would most likely want to lessen your dose to raise your levels up (most feel best around 1 or 2). As for your question about if you were hyper would you feel wired, not necessarily. Often you feel just as sluggish with hyper because your body is working extra hard and using up more of your energy doing normal tasks. When I was hyper (i was hyper before they removed my thyroid) and i often felt really tired, even more so than when I am hypo because my body was working overtime all the time.
September 20th, 2010, 04:47 AM
I was already on Synthroid. I've been hypo since I was 16. The doc said I can either stay on 150 a while longer or I can decrease to 137 or 125. She's leaving it up to me. I'm thinking of trying the 137 for a while and see how that goes I guess.

September 20th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda C View Post
I was already on Synthroid. I've been hypo since I was 16. The doc said I can either stay on 150 a while longer or I can decrease to 137 or 125. She's leaving it up to me. I'm thinking of trying the 137 for a while and see how that goes I guess.
Ok, in that case, I would probably go down to 137 for a while and see if it helps. Personally I feel better at the lower end of the range (im actually at 0.12 TSH right now and am feeling fairly good compared to how I have been feeling). But if you've been feeling tired it would probably help you to lower the snythyroid a little
September 21st, 2010, 09:49 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Erin. When I am overmedicated, it makes me very tired because I don't sleep well at night. I go to sleep at night, I just wake up a lot and never get a good nights sleep, leaving me exhausted during the day. If it doesn't work, you can always go back to the higher dose.
September 21st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Well I sleep all night and I'm still sleepy all day. I started the 137's today. Hopefully that will make a difference for me. I had a 3 hour nap tonight and I'm still sooooo sleepy.

September 21st, 2010, 03:36 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did they check your T3? If so you should ask for the number and the range they reference.

My TSH was .11 in June and they switched me to alternate .150 and .137 of levotyroxine. They re-checked on Sept 13 and I was haveing even MORE hypo symptoms, my TSH was 2.2. I asked him to check my T3 because I thought it was low in June and again now. Since my TSH is hyper to 'normal' and I still have symptoms. Well, my T3 is 'normal', but is only 2.4 (Ref range 2.0- 4.4) most people that are hypo feel better when their T3 is at the hgih end of normal, so for my lab I should be around 3 point something. Because of this I am switching to Armour. If you doc is anti-Armour you can see about a cytomel supplement.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
September 27th, 2010, 04:11 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
Did they check your T3? If so you should ask for the number and the range they reference.

My TSH was .11 in June and they switched me to alternate .150 and .137 of levotyroxine. They re-checked on Sept 13 and I was haveing even MORE hypo symptoms, my TSH was 2.2. I asked him to check my T3 because I thought it was low in June and again now. Since my TSH is hyper to 'normal' and I still have symptoms. Well, my T3 is 'normal', but is only 2.4 (Ref range 2.0- 4.4) most people that are hypo feel better when their T3 is at the hgih end of normal, so for my lab I should be around 3 point something. Because of this I am switching to Armour. If you doc is anti-Armour you can see about a cytomel supplement.
ITA!!! I was going to say that it's most likely because you're not taking any T3.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search