Joining the party!

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Hi ladies,

I got diagnosed (finally!!) with having hypothyroidism yesterday ... I've known for a long, long time that something was "wrong" with me and thank the Lord they finally figured it out.

Right now, my husband is active duty military and we obviously are 100% covered by insurance, including the cost of meds and seeing endocrinologists and whatever else I need. We are not planning on staying in the military, however, because it just isn't for our family (I don't deal well with the lifestyle) ... So my husband is getting out in about 8 months and now with this new diagnosis, we are both kind of freaking out about me being covered by insurance - DH is hoping to get a job with the local police or sheriff's department and they do offer health insurance ... but!

My question is this ... Have any of you guys been denied medical coverage because of your thyroid disorder?

And, for those of you who do NOT have health insurance, how much do you pay out of pocket for your meds??

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

November 6th, 2010, 06:35 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Nice to finally have an answer for why you feel bad, huh? No, I've never had a problem with insurance. Thyroid meds are so cheap without insurance, that it won't make a huge difference. What meds and dose do they have you on? Originally when I was diagnosed, I went on Synthroid, then Levox for a few year combined and they did NOTHING for me. I felt terrible all time. It wasn't until I went on a T3/T4 combo pill, did I start to feel good.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
Anastasia (13)- C/S 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"
Noah (11)- C/S 8lbs 12oz, 19"
Oliver (5)- VBA2C 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"

Baby Grayson born sleeping at 39w pg due to thrombophelia;
Protein S and Protein C deficient, Factor V Leiden , & MTHFR
(10/16/13)- 2VBA2C 9lbs 12oz, 22"

My Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search