little update

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies! I posted about 2 months or so ago because I am a new thyroid victim .

I went into my primary doctor and had the classic thyroid complaints, although I didn't know it at the time. She ran a tsh test and it came back at 4.08 on a scale of .3-3.74, so I was just above "normal", although I felt like I got hit by a train. She didn't want to treat me because I was "borderline and only slightly above normal". Frustrated I went to my old chiropracter who does supplements. I went on nutritional supplements based on muscle testing and have greatly improved. I have been on these for about 2 months. I had my tsh tested two weeks ago and it was a 3.2! So I had a much better number, but more importantly am feeling lots better, but still have a couple of symptoms. After that test came back, my doctor congratulated me on being "normal" and said to come back in 6 months. So being the pushy patient I am, I went back yesterday and told her I needed something to get my level down to 1 to 2, which is suppose to be optimium, the low end of "normal". She somewhat reluctantly agreed and also agreed to start my on armour! I was sure she would only let me try snythyroid, but I've read so much on how well armour works for people that that is what I wanted to try. She put me on the smallest dose, 15mg, and I go back in 6weeks for another level check.

On a side note. I told her I wanted to try and get to the 1 to 2 range for TTC. She didn't know that that was the good level to be at for TTC, but says most of her thyroid patients feel the best at that level.

So I was able to get treatment with Armour even while being in the "normal" range! I'm so excited and hope this pushes down my levels and makes my remaining symptoms go away.

Thanks ladies for all the help! I've read back posts and have learned so much that I think I will stick around to learn more.

December 17th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Veteran
Yay! What a great update! I'm glad things are working out for you so well with getting the treatment that you want!
December 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduck View Post
Yay! What a great update! I'm glad things are working out for you so well with getting the treatment that you want!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search