Armour question

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

If you read my other post, you will know that I just got put on Armour, yesterday. I'm back reading a bit and have seen that some of you crush them or split the dose up into 2. Can anyone tell me why or what it does? My pills are so small I don't think I could split them. I was told to take them in the morning on an empty stomach and wait an hour to eat.

Thanks!

December 16th, 2010, 12:54 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I just take it in the am first thing, crushed. You don't HAVE to split the dose. The reason why they suggest that you split the dose, is because through the course of the day, the amount of meds floating through your body decline and some people may experience symptoms before the next dose. I've never had that.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
~Anastasia (14) C/S, 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"~
Noah (11) C/S, 8lbs 12oz, 19"~
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

Last edited by The Purple Butterfly; December 16th, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
December 17th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Veteran
I do the same thing as you do, take one pill in the morning on an empty stomach and try to wait one hour before eating. I tried splitting the pill and taking the second half later on in the day, like Stacey mentioned, but then I ran into problems of proper absorption because I wouldn't wait the full amount of time before I ate around the second dose. So, I gave that up after just a couple of days and went back to just once in the morning.

I think some people crush the pill to get better absorption, as well as "bypass" the fillers they add to the pill. Some of the others that do this could probably explain it better than me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search