armour question

Forum: Thyroid Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thyroid Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2012, 09:39 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My doctor had put me on 120mg (2grains). the pharmacy I had then gave me one pill to take each morning. I switched pharmacies and that pharmacy still gave me one pill to take each morning. Well since I no longer work in the same city that the last pharmacy is in I switched once again to one closer to home. The new pharmacy gives me two 60mg's instead of the one 120mg's. Should I be worried about the dosage being split into two pills?

February 11th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Regular
I wouldn't be worried. It's still the same dose; they probably just didn't have the 120s. The pharmacist would only change it if they knew it was exactly the same as what the script was written for - otherwise they would have to consult your doctor first.

If you're really concerned about it, I would suggest calling the doctor.
March 23rd, 2012, 09:10 PM
Veteran
Is there any chance that your doc wants you to take the pills separately? My doctor just upped my dosage to two grains - one in the morning, and one at lunch (well, obviously before lunch so that I take it on an empty stomach and then wait at least half and hour before eating). Could this be the reason that they gave it to you this way? If not, then I agree with MannyMommy, I wouldn't think that taking it together in two grains at the same time would be any different than taking one grain at a higher dosage. I'm not sure though since I've never had that come up personally before, so yeah, if you are not comfortable with it, I think I would check with my doctor.
May 2nd, 2012, 01:18 PM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was because the pharmacy doesn't carry the 2 grain in stock. The doctor said I could either take them both at the same time or take one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search