We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: married to Dec and mum to Ciara (10) ( pronounced KEE RAH not key-ar-ah - my biggest pet hate ) Jamie (6) and Jack (22mon) we also have 2 angels both lost at 12 weeks..what else..hmmm well i talk alot, love Ice cream particulary Ben and Jerrys Phish food, im a veggie, a SAHM for the time being and I have pet Chickens.
4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: Propy something....awful after taste that stays for so long.
5. Year diagnosed: 2002 -03
6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: We found out about my thyroid when I was hospitalized for my eating disorder. Symptoms went hand in hand with malnutrition so we didnt find out until a few weeks later when even after many shots, IVs etc my HB was still in the 190s, I couldnt even walk to the entrence of a store. I'll always remember the dr. who put everything to the side (my eating disorder) and focused on my symptoms.
2. Location: An hour east of Pittsburgh, PA but I grew up in and still love Maine
3. Thyroid Disorder: Hypothyroidism
4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: I'd been on 75 mcg of Synthroid for 9 straight years, but now I'm 13.5 weeks pregnant and they've upped my dose to 112, with retesting in 5 weeks.
5. Year diagnosed: 2000, the summer between high school and college. They caught it as part of the regular physical that my college required - I had just figured I was a lazy teenager! Once I was diagnosed, then Mom recognized the same symptoms in herself, got tested and had it too. A few years later, my brother also was diagnosed.
6. Something about yourself that you want others to know: I have known many people with thyroid issues - a good friend was hypothyroid but also wasn't converting T4 to T3, and my roommate and mother-in-law both had hyperthyroid. My roommate went the radioactive iodine route, and I'm not sure what my mother-in-law did. Oh, and years and years ago, our family's dog had hypothyroid!
4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: Tapazole 10mg 2 x a day and propranolol 80mg 1x a day
5. Year diagnosed: May 2010
6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: I gained 113 lbs with my pregnancy, I have a weird type of Graves that makes it impossible for me to lose or gain weight so I'm stuck at +50 lbs over my pre-prego weight. I'm a happy Marine wife and SAHM to my little princess 11-05-09
6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: Started out hyperthyroid when my DS was 6 months old. Thyroid was enlarged so it was removed. I was on synthyroid for years trying to find the right dosage and it just ended up weakening my adrenals. I have issues with T4 to T3 conversion. Switched to Erfa dessicated thyroid and it seems to be helping but still not where it should be. Been waiting to TTC#2 hoping to get in better health and lose some weight before.
6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: My gyno said I might have a thyroid problem, but what I understand is that one does not rule out the other (like having BV). I'm just trying to see if it's a possible diagnosis worth pursuing. The symptoms seem to overlap with pregnancy symptoms.