How about you?

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2008, 02:22 AM
mommyreb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommyreb
Are you close in age to your siblings? My sister is 6 years and 1 day older than me, and while we aren't REALLY close I think it has more to do with our personalities than our age difference (especially as we get older and the age gap is less noticable) I just know I hated having HER boss me around and act like my mom so I really try to make sure Mckenna doesn't do that!

Also I have two brothers who are 14/15 years younger than me! So I can relate with lots of your kids!

Thanks for my siggy Steph2007!

September 18th, 2008, 03:08 PM
My sister and I are 12 yrs apart. She wasnt around very much, but when I was little I just wanted to be just like her. Oh the stories I could tell you!
September 18th, 2008, 07:05 PM
finallypregnantagain's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a sister 3 years younger, and a brother 9 years younger than I am.

My sister and I fought like cats and dogs until college- then we became friends and roomates.
My lil brother has always been my buddy. (I spoil him rotten still and he's now 21).
He and my sister don't get along too well. (Personality clash more than age difference?!?)

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">~Andrea; Proud Mom to Makayla & William</div>

<div align="center"></div>
September 18th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
I am 4 years younger than my sister and we fought like cats and dogs.. I always wanted to tag along and she hated that and treated me bad
September 22nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I have one brother and he is 15 months older than me. My mom tells me how embarrassed she was to have two so close in age. Yeah, I was an oopsie!
September 25th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I have mega-widely spaced sibs lol. Let's see... I have 5 siblings (all half). My dad was married had 4 kids... divorced and then 20 yrs later... started a "new" family with my mom. My mom had a son from her previous marriage. So my brother from my mom is 8 yrs older than me and we keep in steady contact, my sibs from my dad... my sister who is the youngest other than me is the only one I talk to and she's almost 20 yrs older than me (and has 3 kids and 2 grandkids!) and the rest are even older! The oldest isn't that much younger than my mom MOM!!! Talk about weird! My mom is 18 yrs younger than my dad who just turned 70. So yeah, I got WIDELY spaced everything LOL! Makes mine look close.. haha!

Facebook
October 1st, 2008, 08:39 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
My sister is 3 years younger than me. My brother is 11 years younger than me. My mom had an opps when I was 25, but she "took care" of that one. (I don't want to debate that topic though. My sister only recently confirmed that it was a pregnancy and not just a scare. I don't agree with it, and it really upsets me, but there is nothing I can do to change it.)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
October 11th, 2008, 09:10 AM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
my sister june 1968, me june 1970, my bro oct 1972

October 29th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Soon2BMommyOf4's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Soon2BMommyOf4
My older sister is 3 years older, but my younger sister is 10 years younger! I guess history does repeat itself...

Mom to:
David: 09/29/92 9lbs 9 oz - 23 1/4" long - 14 cm head and shoulders (induced)
Crystal: 04/05/95 8 lbs 9 oz (induced)
Lauren: 03/31/98 9 lbs 8 oz - 14 cm head and shoulders (induced)
Addison: 10/12/08 7 lbs 10 oz - 20 3/4" long (induced)
My Angels:
Jacob: 2/94 @ 7 1/2 weeks
Sarah: 9/06 @ 13 weeks
John: 6/07 @ 15 weeks

November 15th, 2008, 07:24 PM
corockies17's Avatar Veteran
My older brother is 3 years 4 months older and my younger brother is 9 years 5 months younger. Growing up my older brother and I were close and now as an adult my younger brother and I are close.

Melissa wife to Kevin,mom to Ashllie **hearing impaired,adhd,asthma,speech and reading delays***and Kevin Jr***food allergies,gross motor delay,speech delay,fine motor delay** ,3 Angels 1/93,3/96,2/07
December 20th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are all 5 years apart - my mom didn't plan it that way, it just happened - she had several miscarriages in between so it was just an accident - I am 35, my sister is 30 and my other sister is 25 - On the other hand - my dh has some MAJORLY wide spaced siblings - he is 41 and has a half sister who is 11!
December 21st, 2008, 12:16 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My half sisters are 10 and 11 years older than me...they are 11 months apart and not close with each other at all, although they both talk to me.

December 29th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Newbies
My brother is 8 1/2 years younger than me. When I was a teenager, I hated his guts, as he was always bugging me, wanting to hang out with me, and getting in my stuff. Then we became close when I was in college and he was in grade school/middle school. We've been close ever since. Also helps that after college I moved back to town, and we still do stuff together. Didn't get married until this June at the age of 33, so we got to spend more time together until I got married than most people do.

My hubby's sister is eight years OLDER than him. However, she went to another state for college and got married right away, so he pretty much has only seen her once per year since he was 10 (and they only talk to each other on birthdays and holidays -- she and his parents leave their own lives in other states, while I live in the same city as my family and keep in constant contact with them).

Shannon
January 6th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Newbies
One of my brother is 2 years older than me while the younger one is 6 years younger. I grew up mostly with my older brother since we are about the same age, but it does not matter much as we got older.
January 8th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Chris&amp;Ri&#39;sMommi's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to Chris&amp;Ri&#39;sMommi Send a message via Yahoo to Chris&amp;Ri&#39;sMommi
My little brother is 11 years younger than me. I'm 21 and he'll be 10 in March. It's weired cuz people think he's my son when he's with me lol.
January 18th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a brother that is 10 years younger than me, a sister that is 15 years younger, and a brother who is 18 years younger than me and 3 months older than my son.

January 30th, 2009, 05:13 PM
digitaltempest's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to digitaltempest Send a message via MSN to digitaltempest Send a message via Yahoo to digitaltempest
I'm the oldest of 7 kids. I'm 26. My youngest brother is 6. LOL.

February 4th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have an older brother who is 6 years 7 mo older than me and a brother is 2 yr 2 mo younger and a step sister who is 4 year 4 mo younger than me. I get along really well with my older brother and pretty well with my step sister. But my younger brother and I don't get along. Actually my younger brother doesn't get along with any of us.

>
February 18th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Seanaci's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Seanaci Send a message via MSN to Seanaci
My brother is 14 months older than me. My sister is...3...almost 4 years younger than me.
March 20th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Blondie3412's Avatar My baby monkey.....
I am one of the middle kids out of six. I have a sister whio is 8 years older, a brother who is 6 years older, another sister who is 2 years older, then another brother who is 14 months younger, and a sister who is 4 years younger.
I would say I am closest NOW to the sister who is 4 years younger. In school, I was closest to the sister who was 2 years older.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search