Hello new here

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~~MaRiE~~
Hello everyone is it ok to join ?
Im marie (24) my boyfriend is gary (26) i have a daughter courtney who is 7 turning 8 in september and im due baby no2 on august 6th.
There will be nearly 8 years between mine every one thinks im mad starting again lol
April 9th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I understand. My son will be 11 in May and everyone thinks I am nuts for wanting to try for another. But I have always wanted at least 2 children, just sometimes life gets in the way before that can happen.

>
April 12th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
HI, my name is Tami, I am currently on the july birth boards, i am board ,,, on basically bed/pelvic rest & saw your bullitine board here... I don't think your crazy.... I have a 14 yr old girl, my hubby has a 4 1/2, this will be our 1st together....she due c-secction 23 jun.. if my cervix holds out.. which isn't looking good but i'm confident everything will be fine....

I think / hope this is going to be a really good learning experience for my daugther on what NOT to do
I wish you all the luck you need & know it will all work out for you & your family!!!

April 13th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tami, Thanks it is nice to know others are going through similar situations. I am sorry you are bedrest. That is very difficult. I was on bed rest with DS for 3 weeks right before he was born, I couldn't imagine doing it for several months. Is your daughter due the day your mother passed away?

>
April 13th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
sorry double post

>

Last edited by wanting#2; April 13th, 2009 at 12:14 PM.
April 15th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for noticing that... Not to meny people do... Yes it's an Amazing story... My due date is 3 jul... but because we are having a c-secction the dr said " we take the baby 1 week early" We said ok & sat out in the waiting room (cause we had to wait for the nurse to set up our next appt.) So we looked at the date & said " OH MY LAND " How can we pass this up!!!! What a gift to give to my mom... She passed of bone & liver cancer After surviving Breast cancer a yr 1/2 before that...

We feel in our hearts that Mom is the reason we found eachother again after 13 yrs.. I found him on myspace 9 nov 07 , She was sick at that point we planed a set 08 wedding but then the cancer spreed extremly quick & started to shut down her liver so with the help of family & friends we got the marrage licence & JP in 1 day , got married the next she passed 1 1/2 days later....

I miss her,, some days are better than other's and it getting harder with the due day coming for she won't be there Phisically for this birth,,, but i know she'll be in all of our hearts

Yes it's very hard to be off my feet/ EXPECALLY pelvic rest LOL but we do it for the baby right

I'm just glad i have all of you ladies here & on the jul due date boards & that i have my family ,,, I'm trully blessed !!

My daughter is a wonderful help... She has taken my roll for cleaning & such & has stepped up to bat that i don't know how i'm gonna repay her you know... I raised her these last 13 yrs by myself , with little to no help from family ( except my father ) & barly any child support.. She's on honor roll ... amazing

I truly wish you luck conceving ...it will be ok widly spaced children is not so much uncommon as you may think & sometimes i think it's better

Have a great day Thanks for listen to my story & seeing that

P.s we didn't plan this pregnacy nor the due date..this is what makes this story more amazing you know...

Last edited by jtcpb12; April 15th, 2009 at 05:39 AM. Reason: add something
April 15th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~~MaRiE~~
Hello well i found out i have another princess on the way im so excited.
Trisha i think you are so strong ive been made to stay off work and have my feet up by my doctor due to my hip problems this pregnancy and my right foot keeps swellng i dont know what i would do if it became permenant lol.

Hello well i found out i have another princess on the way im so excited.
Trisha i think you are so strong ive been made to stay off work and have my feet up by my doctor due to my hip problems this pregnancy and my right foot keeps swellng i dont know what i would do if it became permenant lol.
I bet you are so bored sat in bed all day lol
April 15th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you Marie, Yes it's very boring!!! & frustrating big time, But we have to do what we have to do right....

I just want to say tho.. once again & can't thank you ladies here & on the blended board & on the july due date board how wonderfully blessed i am to be here, meet ALL you ladies,, You have all kept my sanity & HORMONS lol down & kept me together though this trying time....

Congrats on your LO also... It is going to be so great when i can hold this LO in my arms as i'm sure you feel the same way!!!!

Can't wait to get to know you all better!!! & help in anyway i can ( on matters i know about that is) or just to help support you all like you have done for me

Also GL with the hip,, That's got to hurt!!! I hope you foot stops swelling

Last edited by jtcpb12; April 15th, 2009 at 07:52 AM. Reason: ADD
April 21st, 2009, 08:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello.

I just had my son on April 13 and our dd, Serena, was born 12-9-01. so we have a 7 year gap as well. And we have had so many comments about being crazy for having another one so late. but we think its the best thing we could have done for US. I was on bedrest back in January/February for preterm labor and even the last week since his birth its been a blessing.

serena is such a help and gets herself ready in the am, helps with Xander, etc. i am not sure we would have done it any other way.
April 22nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcpb12 View Post
Thank you for noticing that... Not to meny people do... Yes it's an Amazing story... My due date is 3 jul... but because we are having a c-secction the dr said " we take the baby 1 week early" We said ok & sat out in the waiting room (cause we had to wait for the nurse to set up our next appt.) So we looked at the date & said " OH MY LAND " How can we pass this up!!!! What a gift to give to my mom... She passed of bone & liver cancer After surviving Breast cancer a yr 1/2 before that...

We feel in our hearts that Mom is the reason we found eachother again after 13 yrs.. I found him on myspace 9 nov 07 , She was sick at that point we planed a set 08 wedding but then the cancer spreed extremly quick & started to shut down her liver so with the help of family & friends we got the marrage licence & JP in 1 day , got married the next she passed 1 1/2 days later....

I miss her,, some days are better than other's and it getting harder with the due day coming for she won't be there Phisically for this birth,,, but i know she'll be in all of our hearts

Yes it's very hard to be off my feet/ EXPECALLY pelvic rest LOL but we do it for the baby right

I'm just glad i have all of you ladies here & on the jul due date boards & that i have my family ,,, I'm trully blessed !!

My daughter is a wonderful help... She has taken my roll for cleaning & such & has stepped up to bat that i don't know how i'm gonna repay her you know... I raised her these last 13 yrs by myself , with little to no help from family ( except my father ) & barly any child support.. She's on honor roll ... amazing

I truly wish you luck conceving ...it will be ok widly spaced children is not so much uncommon as you may think & sometimes i think it's better

Have a great day Thanks for listen to my story & seeing that

P.s we didn't plan this pregnacy nor the due date..this is what makes this story more amazing you know...
Tami, That truely is a great and heart pulling story. I really hope everyting goes well for you. I couldn't imagine losing a parent. I think having kids this far apart will be an adjustment but I think it will be ok. Thank you for the luck!

>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search