Nervous

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2009, 10:26 AM
kksis611
Ok ladies, I'm new to this forum and as I posted in my intro. I am due Nov 4th with my first child with my hubby. Together we have four children. A 13 year old, an 11 year old and two 9 year olds. I'm thrilled to finally be pregnate with this one but at the same time very nervous. It will be 10 years since doing this the first time. I guess I'm looking for some advice on how to do it all. I'm so busy with homework, supper and all the other normal mommy things and just a bit overwhelmed, Just a bit, LOL... As I've gotten older my patience has seemed to wear a bit thin these days. How do you mommies get through a day without losing your sanity, hehe!!!

Thanks.
April 10th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I completely understand and was actually thinking the same thing. I am currently TTC and if I get pregnant now it will be almost 12 years since I was pregnant before. I have also noticed that my patience is less now that I am older, I am sure you adapt to the new baby as we have adapted to all the changes in our lives. But a good question, does anyone have any great advice?

>
April 10th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter is 7 months old, and my son is 11, so we're at about the same age difference as you guys. When we decided to TTC again after ten years, I was nervous about that too. What I found is that things are much easier now than the first time around because the older child is able to help with the baby, and after a while you get used to the new way of things. I'm not saying it's easy, just easier than you'd think lol. Honestly though, for us it was only hectic for those first months before the baby was sleeping through the night. After that, everything settles back down into a routine again. I would just advise spending some special time with the older kid(s) whenever possible, so they don't feel resentful of all the attention the baby is getting.

As far as losing patience easily, I've found myself in the same boat sometimes. Try to get away every now and then, even if it's just by soaking in the tub or taking a solo trip to the grocery store, it will help you regroup and you'll be able to handle those tough situations with a clearer mind. Hope that helps a little...good luck!

I make personalized metal jewelry for mommies, & more: www.caoimhelily.etsy.com

April 27th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
High i'm Tami wife to Glenn ,Mother to corina ( cori ) 14 ( 15 next month ) step mom to sydney 4 1/2 Currently prego,, with our first together (hopefully ) due 23 jun....

I was worried also... i haven't even touched a diaper in 12 yrs!!! I find myself losing patience alot with the youngest for a lot of different reason's that aren't even under her controll...

But i am finding it easier the more that she's here.. to get back into that babie / younger stage again...

it will all work out.. I have truly learnt how to breath again, count to 10 and smile....

I am on a couple different forums here... mostly on the due date club boards at the top ,,, & i tell you it has helpped tramendis.. same with this board... all the ladies are great & they are / if not going threw what we are... Just in there own way....

I think i would have lost my mind & my hubby if it weren't for these boards & girls GL kup!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search