Dealing with teenagers vent///maybe OT

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2009, 02:00 PM
Super Mommy
Okay, so I hope someone here might be able to relate or even give me some insight.

I am pregnant and also have a 16 yr old at home. *sigh* I really don't know which is worse, running around after little kids while pregnant or dealing with a 16 yr old with attitude.

She's been on restriction for awhile now, mainly for texting at all hours of the day and night(this was not the first or even the 2nd time she'd done that) and her grades being bad. I had slowly been letting up on some of the restriction lately, even though I know dh does not agree. I tend to be the one that starts to feel sorry for the kids when they're in trouble, he's better at not doing that.

So....today I get her report card in the mail...and it's BAD. She is probably going to fail the 10th grade and I am very upset about this. Her grades have been an issue for a long time and to be honest I'm just worn out with pushing her over all the time. I'm at the point now where I figure if she's going to fail, she's going to have to deal with the consequences of that. With that said, deep down though I feel like a failure as a mom. Like if I was doing something different/better or whatever this wouldn't be going on. It doesn't help that we're about to have a baby because then I start to question my ability with this one.

I'm just upset today about it, I love my dd...I want her to be her best, but I can't do it for her you know? I swear...there IS a reason why most people do NOT have babies while they have teens at home!! lol...I have to laugh or I'll cry.

Thanks for listening
May 2nd, 2009, 09:14 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Tangerine, congrats on your upcomming baby!
Travis was 14 when we had Ben, The teenager stuff is WAY harder to me than the baby stuff! I think a girl is more to deal with than a boy too. We had to take a "sink or swim" position with Travis and his grades, it was rocky at first but he figurd it out. I wish you the best of luck! post if you need to vent!

May 3rd, 2009, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you have to deal with this,excpesally being prego...

i can''t relate right now... but when my daughter was younger i did... see we have a slight learning disabily in our family ,, where we both have trouble reading & understanding what we read.. But we ( well the teachers & i ) found it really rearly in age.. which helped ,, but not fully..It took a couple yrs & me explaining how to not let that wall confront you & that you NEED to find your path around it...

We moved to a different city,, where these teachers have taken a struggling child from .01 to now off the skale He has been on honor roll for the past 3 yrs & just this marking period got high honor....

i hope that you don't see this as "bragging " or anything like that... but i do hope the teacher's can help.. or maybe a summer job can help... i do so wish you luck on this...

P>S> she's gonna be 15 this 11 may & i am also exspecting 23 jun 09.... GL with everything.. & KUP

May 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Mommy2n1
There is really just so much you can do and then you have to let her take responsibility for her own inaction. Don't beat yourself up. Babies are much easier than teenagers. Hang in there. If you need to vent/talk we are here for you!
May 4th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you are having a good week.......

May 5th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the support ya'll!

I'm not having the best week to be honest. I'm stressed out!!!

We have a meeting planned tomorrow morning with dd's teachers, principal and guidance counselor. I spoke to her world history teacher earlier and he told me that most of her issues stem from not paying attention and her being overly social. Well, I already knew that...so this meeting is just going to be more of the same from her other teachers I'm sure.

On Friday when she came home from school she told me that she'd talked to her guidance counselor and she had mentioned that an alternative for her to get caught up would be her attending "The Alternative Learning Center". Dh and I are going to talk to them more about this tomorrow, but at this point I'm willing to try anything. I don't want her to fall thru the cracks and drop out....but to be honest I'm just worn out with this!

I'll update...thanks again for the support.
May 5th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the support ya'll!

I'm not having the best week to be honest. I'm stressed out!!!

We have a meeting planned tomorrow morning with dd's teachers, principal and guidance counselor. I spoke to her world history teacher earlier and he told me that most of her issues stem from not paying attention and her being overly social. Well, I already knew that...so this meeting is just going to be more of the same from her other teachers I'm sure.

On Friday when she came home from school she told me that she'd talked to her guidance counselor and she had mentioned that an alternative for her to get caught up would be her attending "The Alternative Learning Center". Dh and I are going to talk to them more about this tomorrow, but at this point I'm willing to try anything. I don't want her to fall thru the cracks and drop out....but to be honest I'm just worn out with this!

I'll update...thanks again for the support.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search