Huge Gaps Between Children

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2009, 12:25 AM
mollycat's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to mollycat
Hi,

I have 2 boys, aged 17 and almost 12 - so five years difference there.

I am now 7weeks pg with #3. So when this one is born there will be almost 18 and almost 13 years age gap

We have told them our news and both are really happy about having a new sibling. The younger one has already decided the older can share his room Elder one has no opinion on this just yet (and we haven't decided who will be sharing just yet either). Someone will have to share.

Has anyone else got a gap like this and what suggestions have you got to make this an easy transistion. Our boys are really easy going and very generous. The older one will have finished school, although may go on to further study later.

thanks ~Vicki~ for this amazingsiggy.

May 5th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Ma-2-Thing 1-2-n-3's Avatar Leslie ~ 2 boys ~ 1 girl
Congrats!
May 5th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats on the new pregnancy

We have a 16 year old dd and I'm 27 weeks pregnant. It sounds like you're off to a good start and they're taking the news well. I don't have alot of advice at this point, I'm wondering too how all of this is going to work! lol...it's going to be starting all over again with this new baby.
May 5th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I agree if they are excited that is a great start. Is it possible to have the baby stay in your room for a while? Is your 17 year old staying at home to go to college or will he be leaving the nest? I would say overall the boys will probably be happier sharing together than with a baby who will cry during the night and you have to go in and feed and change. (I am not saying they will be estatic but probably get more sleep)

>
May 6th, 2009, 01:23 PM
inklady9's Avatar Glad to be a Mommy
My kids are 13 and 7 and I am 5 1/2 weeks pregnant with # 3
When the new baby comes they will be 14, 71/2 and newborn.
The oldest is a boy and youngest is a girl, not sure about new one.
Neither of them want to share

May 6th, 2009, 04:54 PM
mollycat's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to mollycat
i guess there's a few issues going to happen.

Yes, bub will be in with us at first - wouldn't have it any other way.

I also do family day care (child care from home), so will need somewhere for bub where he/she won't be disturbed by other children.

Until last Christmas time (so five months ago), the boys did share a room as we only had a two bedroom house - we had an extension put on, and were able to change a couple of rooms around and gain a third bedroom.

I don't think eldest will go away to soon - we're in Australia and things are a little different as far as schooling. He hasn't even mentioned Uni, and there's one only half hour away if needed. We'll be pushing him to get an apprenticeship when he finishes school in Oct.

I guess it's something to work out down the track. Was thinking of putting bub in with eldest and keeping (their) room separate from day care. At the moment I use this room for bubs in care - which is only 3 days a week. The youngest sons room is used for day care as well, but this is for the toddlers or pre-schoolers to nap in, so no cot, just sleep mats on the floor. This way I can keep all the day care kids using his room when he's not here during the day (away at school)

Not sure how eldest will cope with a bub in his room, but can't see other options, don't want to put the day care kids in bubs room if can be avoided.

thanks ~Vicki~ for this amazingsiggy.

May 7th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome & Congrats.... I'm Tami 36 wife to Glenn 35 oldest will be 15 this monday Corina....Step mom to sydney 4 1/2 & excpeting our first toget 23 jun ( hopefully ) i have another sono today to check on my cervix...

i've been out of work since 24 weeks ( 13mar ) & i'm very bored at times.... so i'm on here, july due date borads, blended family & loss of a parent...i have been seen in the venting room to

Gl with the room situation.. KUP!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search