Did you plan your

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
family/children to be this far apart? Why or Why not?

>
May 20th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No,,, i just figured it was a fluke & i actually think it today....as you know my daughter just turned 15... i've only been with maybe 3 guys since my daughter's father & 1 was starle anyway....
BUT i have a tipped uteris.. so that was my form of birth control.... ( DON"T YELL AT ME LOL ) & honestly don't remember tipping my hip this time around.... BUT i have also read & hear since then that if you have a tipped uteris the easiest way to get prego is you on top.... BINGO!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER
All things happen for a reason ( sorry i know there's some TMI here )

May 20th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Super Mommy
I never thought I would have my kids 6 years apart....though going through a bad divorce I didn't want to be with anyone or have any more kids after that. It took me till my DS was almost 5 to find the right one and shortly after we talked about kids and I finally wanted more.
May 20th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tami, I also have a tipped uterus. My doctor says it shouldn't make it harder to conceive, but I think it does. It is funny that being on top is better, I know that is the positon I got pregnant with DS.

>
May 21st, 2009, 05:30 AM
~candyann~'s Avatar Super Mommy
We planned on having our within 3 years of one another, but I have PCOS so once we started trying for number 2 things went bad, we ended up with 6 years between them, but it was nice because we got to enjoy our sons baby years with just him. We want one more, hopefully another boy but cant decided when to start trying....

June 5th, 2009, 03:17 PM
christianolivia's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to christianolivia
No. I wanted to have all mine 2 years apart, but between convincing dh to try again and TTC issues, they're between 3.5 and 4.5 years apart!

June 5th, 2009, 06:39 PM
inklady9's Avatar Glad to be a Mommy
My first 2 I planned to have about 7 years in between.
This time We thought we were done until an oops last year that ended in M/c at 9 weeks
After that I got baby fever again and here we are 7 years later...
They will be 14, 7 and new

June 10th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The gap between my oldest and *current* youngest child is less than 3 years, I planned it this way because I wanted them to be close. With my youngest and this pregnancy there will be 2 months shy of 7 years between them. I've been divorced 2 years and didn't want to have more children but was in a relationship engaged to be married and he has no children so we decided to try and get pregnant, got pregnant the first month and then he moved out. So no the gap wasn't really "planned" but we were trying to have a child when I got pregnant.

Thank you so much -Vicki-for my siggie

June 23rd, 2009, 06:41 AM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't really plan it this way. I had my 1st dd young, she was born one wk before I turned 18. I wasn't ready for another one any time after that. She was a difficult baby and it was an exhausting time. My other three are all about 2 1/2 to 3 years apart and that was planned that way.
July 23rd, 2009, 09:06 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i actually wanted another as soon as possible after my daughter, but my marriage broke up.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

February 14th, 2010, 09:15 AM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
No I did not both my girls were not technically planned but I would not change any of it for anything.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
February 15th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I would have liked to have a 2.5y age gap at the most, but due to being single, and then being in a relationship where he didn't know if he wanted more kids, it didn't work out that way

February 19th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Veteran
Yes and no. Before we started having children, when we looked into the future and made plans I wanted my kids to be 2 or 3 years apart. We also planned to get married at 22 after uni and start adding to the family at 25 or 26. Nothing like having your life all planned out for it to go pear-shaped, right? We were 18 when Ellis was born and there was no way we could have another at 20 or 21! We did end up getting married at 22, but were only ready for #2 when we were past 24. It took over a year to get pregnant this time. And here we are!

If everything had gone according to the plan, Jelly Bean would be our first baby. That horrifies me slightly because I can't imagine life without Elliot!

February 19th, 2010, 02:25 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Nope - We have been trying over 2 years for #2. I wanted my kids about 2-3 years apart, but that won't happen.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

February 25th, 2010, 04:50 PM
tatanickel81's Avatar Veteran
nope... dd1 is frpm a previous relationship. i wanted another when she was three but dh wasnt ready.... then we had a loss and now dd1 is almost 8 years older... i'm hoping for only a four year difference for baby #3
February 26th, 2010, 12:39 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No it wasn't planned. I had DS1 when I was 17, unplanned. Got married at 20 and decided at 22 to TTC, but that took awhile. Finally had DS2 at 24. Marriage ended within a year. At that point I said I was done, NO MORE KIDS... No more marriage for me either. That worked great for me till I met SO last year, sometimes someone comes into your life and changes your whole idea of what you think you want... So I will be 30 when this baby is born, almost 31...wince...
April 24th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We really didn't plan it to be that way I dont think. I honestly didnt think we were going to have anymore after DD #1 (who is 11 and will turn 12 next month) was born and then on December 1, 2008 I found out I was pregnant with a surprise pregnancy. I was so happy when I saw that BFP and so was DH even though we were not trying but unfortunately I began miscarrying the very same day I got my bfp pregnancy test. After that DH and I talked about it and decided our family was not complete and we decided to ttc DD #2 who is only 7 weeks and 5 days old. I am hoping to start ttc #3 when dd #2 is about a year old.

April 25th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. We started ttc for #2 when DD was 6 months old, we wanted 6 kids all right on top of each other (nuts, I know!) but we ran into secondary infertility issues. It took us about 7 years and 3 IVF's to get pregnant this time, so our two will be 8 years apart. And now that we're that much older (I'm 36, DH is 41) we will probably just leave it at two. Neither of us wants to get back on the fertility treatment roller coaster again anytime soon.

April 29th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had my daughter when I was 18.Her father (my ex) did not want anymore and we didn't have a good marriage.
After a 17 year marriage we divorced and I remarried a year and a half later and we planned our son.

My husband has a son who will be 18 soon too.

I didn't want my children spaced out that much but sometimes things don't always go as planned.

June 1st, 2010, 07:37 PM
simplycorey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, I wanted my kids to all be close in age but I didn't plan on getting divorced and remarried to someone who didn't have any kids of his own! I'm really excited about doing it all over again 10 years later and the kids are thrilled to have a new baby brother or sister too.

Mom to: Kimberly (15), Caleb (14), Micayla (12),
Zechariah (11) and Frankie - born 1/3/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search