"oh an Oops"

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I swear if I here that one more time I am likely to snap. My dd is 7 years old(Serena) and our son (Xander) is (ironically) 7 weeks on Monday

Why do people think that just because there is an age gap it's an OOPS. I assure you it wasn't. In fact we tried for about a year before we conceived him. Before that we just weren't ready. Serena was a welcomed surprise. I didn't want anymore until we were married and living in a house. We had a 2 bedroom apartment and also we wanted to be sure our jobs were stable. We didn't get married immediately because we didn't want her to be the motivation to us getting married. We had her in 2001, engaged 2004, married 2005 and then the two year search for a house began. We bought and moved into a house in August 2007 and immediately started to try. We got our BFP August 2008. I had a due date of May 5, 2009 but he made his early appearance on April 13.

Anyway it just frustrates me that people think because there is a gap you didn't mean for it to be. This is what worked for us. And let me tell you have being on bedrest this pregnancy I do not regret having a 7 year old. I cannot imagine how chaotic it would have been if she were any younger!
May 30th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Ma-2-Thing 1-2-n-3's Avatar Leslie ~ 2 boys ~ 1 girl
That is why mine is so far apart, only I was on bedrest with my first for the whole time. Couldn't imagine having a little one and being on bedrest again. And my husband and I weren't married when we had him.
May 31st, 2009, 04:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my daughter is 15,, I'm tired & i'm sure she does get sick of hearing,,," oh well look you have a built in babysitter,,,, We try to play it off,, but,,, no one knows our situation,,, i'm on off my feet rest & have been since 24 weeks ( 13 mar ) she had to become "ME" really quick,, she takes better care of me than my husband does for pete sake!!!

I'm sorry your dealing with that.. & Yes i hear ALL the time on how ruff it is being on bed rest with a / more small children...We are all lucky to have them spaced apart.. it does make life easier. I hope you have a better day

P>S> congrats on your new LO

May 31st, 2009, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Thanks!
June 2nd, 2009, 04:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaPlusXander View Post
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Thanks!
Thank you that means alot

June 2nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
People can be so ignorant! Sorry they keep saying that to you!

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
June 3rd, 2009, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I swear when it comes to pregnancy people can not keep their mouths shut and I think their brain dies. I don't know how many people say really stupid comments that they would probably never say. Like having your belly touched by everyone isn't bad enough. When I was pregnant with DH my fingers were swollen and I had to take off my wedding band and I actually had ladies come up and feel sorry for me being pregnant and unwed! I couldn't believe it.

>
June 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm 13 years older than my twin brothers. I got very sick of being called a built in babysitter, and my mom got tired of being asked if she was the grandma (and once, the NANNY!)

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

June 8th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow some people have but makes me feel better that i am not the only one that lives by ignorant comments.
June 10th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it's natural for people to just sort of make assumptions and jump to conclusions that if you went for so long without having a child that you weren't planning on having another one. Which is all good and fine, I have the same questions and thoughts myself but I know how i'd feel if somebody asked me if it was an ooops or assumed out loud it was so I keep those things to myself unless I know the person and can ask "was it planned?" with them knowing i'm not trying to be offensive.

Thank you so much -Vicki-for my siggie

June 17th, 2009, 04:21 PM
inklady9's Avatar Glad to be a Mommy
My kids are almost 14, 7 and I am expecting again in late December this year.
We planned to space them this far apart. Some people are so insensitive.

June 19th, 2009, 03:34 PM
jovon_84's Avatar Super Mommy
I am pregnant with my 1st but saw this board and wanted to check it out because I am 25 my middle sister is 18 and my little sister is 11. Anytime that we went some where when my little sister was a baby everyone always ask me "How old is your baby?" This was upseting to me and my mom. Even now if I go some where with my littlest sister everyone always says "You and your daughter look just a like."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search