How far apart are you and your siblings?

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2011, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my sister is 10 yrs older and my brother is 9 yrs older. My baby girl was our family surprise but I actually do like the spacing of her and her brothers.
January 25th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Super Mommy
I have 3 brothers (ages 28, 26, and 20) and a sister (age 24). i'm the oldest at 31.

DH is 27 and his brothers are 13 and 11.

March 17th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Veteran
My brother is 5 years younger than me and my sister is 6 years younger than him. I had always imagined my children being about the same distance apart (or maybe a pinch closer). But it didn't work out that way. My youngest is 10 years younger than her big brother.
May 6th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Veteran
I come from a large family- so the spacing is interesting. We are also a blended family, so that plays a factor as well. We are spaced as follows

Brother #1 is 19 OLDER- we share the same mother and father.

Brother #2 is 15 months OLDER- he is my step brother, our parents married when I was 7.

Brother #3 is 15 months YOUNGER than me- he is also my step brother

Brother #4 is 3 1/2 yrs YOUNGER than me- we share the same mother.

Sister #1 is 8 1/2 yrs YOUNGER than me- we share the same mother.

Brother #5 is 10yrs 3months YOUNGER than me- we share the same mother.

Growing up, I wasn't overly close with any of my siblings. In fact, most of the time, I was the "odd one out". Since there is such an age gap between my sister and I- we weren't close, and my brothers all had each other to play with, so I was left to myself, a lot! Now that we are older, I am extremely close to my sister (I am almost 30, she is 21). I am also pretty close with my oldest brother.

My family dynamic did NOT play a part in spacing my children. In fact, I have struggled for years, knowing that most likely, my DD was going to be an only child. I know people who were an only child, and they say it didn't bother them- but I know no difference than being in a large family, and I don't know how I could get through life without all of my siblings- and it pained me that I had only been able to have one child.

And now, here I am, preggers with #2 and DD is 8 (will be 9 when the babe is born). In a way, I am glad there is this wide age gap. I know DD will be an IMMENSE help to me, and she is totally going to love this baby as her own!! I think they will grow up to have a super special bond (at least I hope they do). I am really excited to see how the age gap works out, with just having 2 of them. (I remember being so annoyed at my sister for always getting into my stuff when I was a teenager- but I hope that won't be the case with these 2)
May 17th, 2011, 11:11 AM
SoCaliMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm 28. my brother is 6 and my sister is almost 5, we share the same mom. It does somewhat influence my decision on how many kids to have since if something were to happen to my mom and stepdad, i'd be the one that they would be living with.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search