Did you plan the space between your children?

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you plan the space between your children?

Would you do it the same way twice?

>
August 11th, 2009, 09:30 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not rlly, it jus happened that way. Yes id do it the same way twice. But i also wanna nother one close to Nevan now lol. To experience both and for Nevan to have a baby bro or sis. Hailee is 11, and by the time he is 8 she 'll be outta the house pretty much.

August 15th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Definitely never planned it this way, although #3 was planned. All my life I always only wanted 2 kids, one boy & one girl and that's what I had. When I divorced their dad in 1999/2000, I thought I'd never have more. When I met Neely in 2004, that all changed. I wouldn't change it for the world either. I love having them spaced out and my big kids love Daniel so much!
September 2nd, 2009, 05:22 PM
MelissaT1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, just popped in here!

Yes we planned all 3 of our kids (they are all girls too). Our oldest is 12 1/2yrs old in 7th grade, middle dd is 13 months, and I am due in Nov. with baby girl #3.

Basically I am part of the widely and closely spaced siblings! 11yrs b/w the first 2 and 16months b/w #2 and #3!

Our beautiful girls, Savannah, Delaney, and Avery

September 8th, 2009, 05:21 PM
tatanickel81's Avatar Veteran
Nope! I sure did not plan it this way. DD is from a previous relationship and when my current DH and I met she was already 2. After we were together a year I wanted another one but he wasn't budging. Finally last Feb we decided to try for a baby, after six months of trying we finally conceived, only to have a loss 14 weeks later. I would have been due in Feb (exactly a year from when we first started trying). Now I'm due in November and it will be almost two years since we first decided to have a baby. Now my DD is turning 8 in January and I'm due in November... Not planned this way, but maybe it will work out the best.
October 10th, 2009, 09:22 AM
superwoman8977's Avatar Awesome Mommy!
No way I didnt plan this, My 11 yr was the product of my childhood sweetheart and I and we almost got married and 2 wks before the wedding called it off. My 7yr old was the product of my marriage which ended badly in divorce after 7 years but really was over at year 1. And my daughter is the product of a one night stand but she is gorgeous and I wouldnt trade her for anything.

Thanks AlexAidenmom for my awesome siggie!

October 22nd, 2009, 05:56 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
The separation between mine is due to fertility issues. I would of had one in between them but I lost it at 7 weeks.. And after that I started having fewer and fewer periods.. I was tested for PCOS because I had all the symptoms.. My ob/gyn told me that I didn't.. I went to another doctor and he tried me on birth control to regulate my periods so I could have better chance of getting pregnant.. I didn't use birth control during that first week.. I got pg the second day I took the pill..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaT1973 View Post
Hi, just popped in here!

Yes we planned all 3 of our kids (they are all girls too). Our oldest is 12 1/2yrs old in 7th grade, middle dd is 13 months, and I am due in Nov. with baby girl #3.

Basically I am part of the widely and closely spaced siblings! 11yrs b/w the first 2 and 16months b/w #2 and #3!

I am too 6years 2 months between #1 & #2. And only 15 months between #2 & #3. Trinity was our surprise. I didn't think I would get pg so fast since it took a while to conceive Braxton.
October 22nd, 2009, 08:52 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
I guess we planned the space between #1 & #2. We had Adrea and then we were so busy with moving (DH in Navy) and having fun with 1, That we weren't ready until 7 years later to have #2. But #3 was a pleasant suprise, so theres only 15 months between them.

October 22nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
faygeo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to faygeo
#1 and #2 are 11 yrs apart. that gap wasnt planned. #1 was from a previous relationship. when my ds was 15 months i met my now dh. we talked about having kids but it never happened. my periods were so irregular that it was impossible to try to chart or even plan. didnt stop us from trying though. anyways, i always said that if i didnt have another baby by the time i was 30 i didnt want anymore. well 30 came and went. the summer before i got pregnant for miracle i had a miscarriage. we didnt even know i was pregnant. after the miscarriage, my periods became regular for some reason and we decided that we were gonna try for a baby despite what i had said about 30(i was 34) well 6 months later we found out i was pregnant.
Sarah sort of popped up on us. her and miracle are 2 years apart. and now i am due for #4 in May.
and to think i was done at 30.
I really dont know how to awnser as to whether i would want them spaced out that far again because there are benefits to both being close and being spaced imo.
sorry this got long i guess i got long winded.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search