What IS classed as 'widely spaced'?

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2010, 03:11 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I don't know if I should be posting here or not.. LOL.. what IS classed as widely spaced? Gaby will be close to 4 by the time this one arrives. It doesn't seem hugely spaced to me, but it also doesn't seem closely spaced........

February 14th, 2010, 09:08 AM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
I think you'd qualify..not a huge gap. I sometimes pop in here. My girls are 5 yrs & 5 months apart..it's a gap but not HUGE in my eyes.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
February 15th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
thanks hun.... I know it's not a small age gap - but I also know it's not huge i need an in between board lol

February 21st, 2010, 08:22 AM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
lol inbetween board...

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
February 23rd, 2010, 08:36 PM
BB #2 in June!
Send a message via Yahoo to lynnmichelle26
Amber, how old are your girls? I'm a little worried how my 5 year old (who will almost be 6 by the time lil brother is born) will deal and what their relationship will be like...I'm not so worried about it right off the bat since he's very nurturing and has begged me for about 3 years now to have a baby brother/sister LOL, but I'm more worried about how close they'll be when they get a little older.

The girls are beautiful by the way!
March 27th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Chantel2488's Avatar Veteran
There is no doubt in my mind that my mother belongs here. I am 22 and my sister is 3! and none in between haha

April 13th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Mom of 2 boys!
That is what I am wondering..since my son will be around 4 if we concieve in the next few months. (just started TTC #2).
April 18th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Lovinglifewithtwo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would classify "widely" as 5 years plus.

Everyone has their opinion though.

April 19th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the 5 years, I guess when one is old enough to be in school before the next comes along...

December 18th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's all in the eye of the beholder. I think 5 years apart is somewhat closely spaced, lol.

My first two are 11 years apart, and now I'm pregnant again with #3... the first two will be 19 and 8 when this one arrives. (and, yes, all from the same father... dh and I have been together since high school)

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
January 6th, 2011, 09:58 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I agree it depends on who you ask. DD and DS are 7 years apart. I always wanted children close together, but that's not the way things worked out. I wouldn't change a thing though except for the fact my dd gets a little jealous, I wish I could reassure her that my feelings for her will never change!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
January 14th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Veteran
My brother and I are 5 years apart and were SUPER close as kids- he was always playing with me and looking out for me...my DF's younger sister is nearly 6 years younger and the same goes for them- they are very close...just thought I'd chime in for those wondering how their children's relationships might be at 5-6 years apart
May 2nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantel2488 View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that my mother belongs here. I am 22 and my sister is 3! and none in between haha
How did you feel about it when you learned that your brave mother will have a child?!
June 16th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Super Mommy
chiming in here.

Our kids are 10 and 2 and i'm due in september...all boys.

July 12th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would consider 5 years or more as widely spaced, 3-4 years "in between" and 2 years or less as closely spaced. Mine will be three years apart so they aren't very close in age but not that far apart in age either. I think it will be a good age gap. Not planned that way, we started trying for our second when our first daughter turned one and I had hoped we'd have our sticky baby sooner rather than later but not the way it worked out.
July 14th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Regular
I guess I qualify. Due 11/2 w/ third boy. Oldest will be closer to 9 than 8, and next will be almost 5 1/2. He starts kindergarten next month.
October 14th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Crystal78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree that its in the eye of the beholder, Some think 4 yrs is wide and some think its close enough!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search