mulitples who are 4 and a 3 year old....if we had another do you think it would ...

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2011, 08:57 PM
Motherx3's Avatar <3
Hi! I have twin girls who are 4 years old and a 3 year old step son. I'm 21 and My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and half. We have talked about more children as we are both financially stable enough to allow for more children, but we wish to wait until about 9 years to conceive, that would mean the children that we have know would be 13-14 by the time baby is born, do you think it would make to much of an age gap where they would have no interest in each other and potentially no bond? I would like to have another child but we do have to consider my health at this point and frankly I would like to raise a single infant the second time around not that having multiples isn't fun because it really is, but I would like to experience one newborn and all that comes with it.
April 23rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
Crystal78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not only do I have widely spaced kids I am one too, my bro and sis are 9 and 10 yrs older than me. Growing up I felt like an only child, by the time I was old enough to play my siblings had no interest in me and were busy hanging out with there friends. When I was a teen they were out of the house and starting families of their own. Now that I am an adult my sister and I are very close (my brother passed away almost 14 yrs ago) I admit it is something I worry about with Aleyah.

Sorry I can't be much help.

April 24th, 2011, 11:00 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a widely spaced sibling too. I am 24 and the older 5 are in their 40's and the younger 5 are 21-8, I am closer to most of the older ones now we're adults as for the younger ones I wasnt too into playing with them when they started to but as I got older I have grown closer to them, I will admit though the 13 year old is harder to connect with then the others but he is a 13 year old boy so...

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
April 26th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Keepin' it real!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherx3 View Post
Hi! I have twin girls who are 4 years old and a 3 year old step son. I'm 21 and My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and half. We have talked about more children as we are both financially stable enough to allow for more children, but we wish to wait until about 9 years to conceive, that would mean the children that we have know would be 13-14 by the time baby is born, do you think it would make to much of an age gap where they would have no interest in each other and potentially no bond? I would like to have another child but we do have to consider my health at this point and frankly I would like to raise a single infant the second time around not that having multiples isn't fun because it really is, but I would like to experience one newborn and all that comes with it.
I am a sibling of a family where we were all 4-5 years apart. My oldest brother and younger brother 15 years apart, knew each other 2 years. (My older brother kind of opted out of the family after that) and have no connection whatsoever. Myself and my little brother 10 years apart do not know each other either. I used to have to babysit him and we were close then, but when it was time for me to leave, he resented me for "leaving him" I think from personal experience, that it's very difficult to have them so close and it's also difficult to have them far apart. I think having them 13-14 years apart will definitely create some issues, but what family doesn't have issues?

It's your choice no matter what, but might I suggest not forcing your teens to babysit the baby? I see that A LOT (and had to do it) with siblings far apart in age and it creates a lot of issues. my parents seemed to forget that C was THEIR baby and not mine. It really sucked to be me back then.

PS. There is no guarantee you'll have a singleton, just thought you might want to know. You are at a higher risk of multiples again because you already had twins....I just wanted to point that out because you specifically mentioned you want to experience having one newborn at a time, but it just may not be in the cards. I had one at a time and then had twins, so I can tell you twins is definitely harder, but one at a time can be hard too.

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search