7 year difference

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2011, 08:21 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter just turned 7 and I'm expecting her little brother in January. I'm so worried that they wont like eachother. I wanted a play mate for my daughter and it just wasn't in the cards for a while. And now that I'm finally giving her a sibling I'm afraid that by the time the baby's old enough to play along, he'll me more of an annoyance than a playmate. I dont know anyone personally that has widely spaced children So I have no one to ask. I know that my oldest brother and youngest brother are each 5 years apart from me and we hated eachother. I hope that's not the case with DD and her little brother.

September 19th, 2011, 09:53 AM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I we conceive here soon, our kids will be about 5 years apart and I'm worried about the same thing. Will they be too far apart to be friends? By the time dd is 10, the other will only be 5 and when dd is 15, the other will be 10...that's some difference! What 15 year old hangs out with a 10 year old?

I really feel like we did it wrong. We should have been trying 3 years ago but it just wasn't the right time I guess.

Here's to hoping our kids get along with their sibs!

September 27th, 2011, 09:26 AM
My kids are 6 years apart. DD was a big help when DS was a little baby. Now that he's older, they fight alot because she thinks she's his Mama. I have to continually remind her that she is NOT a Mama yet. But at times they play well together. I don't think age difference really matters. Most all siblings fight. Don't worry just now. Enjoy your babies!
October 14th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My situation is a little different since I have 3 older boys then a girl, but my boys LOVE their sister and are so helpful and she adores her big brothers.

I was my families widely spaced child my brother and sister are 9 and 10 yrs older than me and I grew up adoring them although by the time they were teens I am sure I was more of an annoyance to them, now as adults we are super close.
October 14th, 2011, 11:21 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaysMomma727 View Post
My daughter just turned 7 and I'm expecting her little brother in January. I'm so worried that they wont like eachother. I wanted a play mate for my daughter and it just wasn't in the cards for a while. And now that I'm finally giving her a sibling I'm afraid that by the time the baby's old enough to play along, he'll me more of an annoyance than a playmate. I dont know anyone personally that has widely spaced children So I have no one to ask. I know that my oldest brother and youngest brother are each 5 years apart from me and we hated eachother. I hope that's not the case with DD and her little brother.
This was exactly my situation. I was so nervous to have another baby because while I was pregnant dd was so upset. She asked my for a baby for forever, I never planned them to be so far apart it just happened. She wanted god to take him back. it broke my heart. But now that her little brother has been here over a year, she just loves him to pieces. sure, he is annoyance at times and she gets jealous. But I felt that way about my sister who was only 18 months behind me and it didn't change 10 years later when my parents had 2 more kids. now that we are all older we get a long great and are all pretty close. So I'm sure everything will work out fine, just give dd some extra love and attention when she seems to need it.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search