Intro

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi,

Iíve been lurking in some of the other boards and saw Crystalís invite so I thought I would come hang out with you ladies.

Hereís my storyÖIím 38 and SO is 40 we have a 13yo son together, no other children for either of us. SO and I were married for 7 years and divorced when our son was four. At the time we were both in the Army which kept us separated a lot and we grew apart. He got out of he Army, but I stayed in. We have always remained friends and talked a lot because of our son. Well, approximately 2 years ago we decided to bring our family back together. Things have workout so great that now we are TTC.

Unfortunately, due to me still being in the Army and him having a job in another state and my age itís taking awhile to get that BFP. We are currently on our TTC cycle #8Ösince this pregnancy isnít happening fast, itís giving me too much time to ponder the decision to have another baby or not. One of the things that has me questioning this decision is DS will be at least 14 when baby comes and Iíll be retired from the military and I start to feel guilty that even though my DS and I are extremely close and weíve done lots of stuff together....I feel like Iím doing my DS wrong that since Iíve had to leave him for extended periods of time due to the military and that with the new baby I wonít have these obligationsÖand itíll be taking away from my DS timeÖ.I donít know itís hard to explain.

AnywayÖI know itís not politically correct to askÖ.but if you had a do over would you have widely spaced children? Do you feel guilty about being in a better position to parent the youngest one then you were the oldest one?

Thanks for reading! Look forward to getting to know you all
November 6th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First off Welcome!!!

I feel like I am a better mom to Aleyah than I was to my boys, I had my oldest at 21 but I didnt fee ready then I had my 2nd at 23 and #3 11 mos later so they were pretty close I had Aleyah at 32 years old and feel like such a better parent to her. 1st we are so much better financially and emotionally sometimes I feel guilty because she has more things than my boys did but I wouldnt change a thing.

Good luck to you!!
November 8th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome to the board - I'm Emma, Mummy to two girls, Gabrielle (5) & Emersyn (1)...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search