If you could do it again

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Would you change the spacing of your kiddos?
November 10th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Rochelle
Well, no. But, I do get a teeny bit jealous of the whole "take care of 2 things in one swoop" deal you can do with children 1 yr apart. The early years would prove too challenging for me personally but as they get older the wide spacing actually causes some issues.

For instance, friends. My 8 y/o and my 4 y/o have two totally different "play" habits with friends. Daughter wants to talk, play dress up, or more quiet mature activities and son wants to run around screaming and acting rambunctious. Normal 4 y/o enjoyments.

Then there's the 1 y/o her taking so much of my attention when the older two want me to do crafty things. Heidi will come destroy anything we're doing so we all get aggravated.

However, I have an 8 y/o who helps me tremendously but I try not to put too much on her. But, she's my second set of eyes, ears and hands if I can't quite get there in time. Very handy. Also there is a sense of being able to really focus on each individual child for at least the first 3 yrs of their lives.

So, I truly can't decide or answer that one LOL.
November 10th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I completely understand, my boys are fairly closely spaced my younger 2 boys are only 11 mos apart and that was SUPER hard!!!

Now with my oldest being 12 her is a HUGE help to me I can leave him to watch the baby for a little bit (I think the longest has been 20 mins) So I dont think I would change the spacing.
November 13th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
No. I quite like where the girls are both out.. I think if Gaby had been any younger when I'd had Emersyn, I wouldn't have been able to give Gaby all the attention she needed.. but being almost 4, she was that little bit older & little bit more independent, and had more of an understanding of why Mummy was busy with the baby.. not that she missed out, because I made a huge deal of having special time with Gaby, and including her in everything baby related... I guess it was also a bit easier on *me* not having to chase around after an older-toddler & deal with a newborn... I love my 3y7m age gap.. and I think I could quite happily do a bigger gap, but am not sure I could handle a smaller gap!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search