New here :)

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
I have always dreamed of a house full of kids. One after another pure crazyness!! Well my life isn't at all like I had dreamed. I have one little princess. I have been TTC another child for almost 2 years now. With a loss at the start of my 2nd trimester. My loss was almost a year ago. So far after 6 IUIs we haven't had any luck getting pregnant again. Both DH and I have fertility problems. I also have Factor 2 and MTHFR. Both make pregnancies hard for me to keep. My MTHFR caused my daughter to have heart problems and caused my son to die from encephalocele.

One of my biggest problems with not being able to get pregnant again is how far apart my kids are going to be. If I were to get pregnant soon they will be right under 5 years apart. It could be farther.. who knows. So I want to hang out and get to know all the wonderful things about having kids not so close in age!! I know hearing the good will make me feel a little better about the direction my life is going!!

Can't wait to get to know you all!!
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for almost 5 years
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
September 16th, 2012, 06:56 PM
J,

I am so sorry for your loss. Did your doctor prescribe L-methylfolate for your MTHFR? Try not to stress too much about the age gap. I know it is hard when you have no control over these things but my first two children, who are 2 years apart are not close at all but my others with 3 and 6 year gaps are incredibly close. An older child can also be so helpful with taking care of babies. I will cross my fingers for you.
September 19th, 2012, 10:13 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I can somewhat relate, we've been TTC for almost a year now. We thought it would be just as easy to get pregnant with #2 (Connor only took a couple of months). If we get pregnant soon, they would be just over 3 years apart. We also though we would be popping them out one after the other lol, and never thought they would be this far apart in age. I'm also 32 and hear my clock ticking, I wanted to be done having children by 35, but also considered have 3 children. Depending on how much longer it takes to have #2, there may not be a #3!

I'm so sorry for your loss! Here's hoping we both get our BFP's soon!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search